crf1000 africa twins second hand

The Things We Ride
Rederic

Re: crf1000 africa twins second hand

Post by Rederic »

felco wrote:
Frog wrote:
captinktm wrote:Strange there seem to be more post defending their own bikes than what the post was about and that is the new AT. Honda seem to have a habit of doing this when really there is no excuse. After all, all they needed to do was take all the best bits from the adv bikes that were out there, because they are obviously the last ones to the party. The bike as I see it, is basically all there but looks .......old fashion. These days there was no excuse to have an under powered bike, what with all the electronics they could have had 100 plus hp, and a button for the (too much for me boys) and then everyone would have been happy. But for me a parallel twin with fuel injection is never going to blow your skirt up like a V twin on carbs or injection for that matter. Please convince me that a 2016/17 AT, does anything better than my old 950 which cost a third of the price.

Ditto

The new AT does nothing new or better than a 12 year old 950 KTM.

Unless of course you prefer not to change gear for yourself and don't mind lugging an extra 40 kilo's around
everywhere you

In fact the spokes appear to rust even quicker than the KTM's :P
get a 950 to do 47 mpg, then we can discuss how good they were :laugh:
Well said I was out today with a Africa Twin crf 1000 It was cold wet slimy with all the salt, sleet and a bit of snow in places seen a citroen van off the road, and it was sitting astride Offas dyke walk by Worlds end,
And can report no bits fell of the AT 1000L it did not fizz away in the salt, and every time we stopped for a squirt or coffee, the rider had a smile wider than my missus backside (thumbs)
now in my book thats what its all about we also did close to 200 miles and never stopped for fuel what else do you want (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs)
just my opinion

giphycopy.gif
giphycopy.gif (733.81 KiB) Viewed 2075 times
now thats a adventure out with the kids
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
Frog

Post by Frog »

felco wrote:
Frog wrote:
captinktm wrote:Strange there seem to be more post defending their own bikes than what the post was about and that is the new AT. Honda seem to have a habit of doing this when really there is no excuse. After all, all they needed to do was take all the best bits from the adv bikes that were out there, because they are obviously the last ones to the party. The bike as I see it, is basically all there but looks .......old fashion. These days there was no excuse to have an under powered bike, what with all the electronics they could have had 100 plus hp, and a button for the (too much for me boys) and then everyone would have been happy. But for me a parallel twin with fuel injection is never going to blow your skirt up like a V twin on carbs or injection for that matter. Please convince me that a 2016/17 AT, does anything better than my old 950 which cost a third of the price.

Ditto

Unless of course you prefer not to change gear for yourself and don't mind lugging an extra 40 kilo's around
everywhere you

It's not difficult, normal, as in having fun riding gives between 42-44 mpg, cruising/touring regularly gives 46-48.

Don't know why you think they are so bad on fuel, has not been my experience over 45,000 miles.

Mr Scotsy, is it insulting to express an honest view?

Please point out exactly where Honda have improved the AT over bikes 10 years older without getting your knickers in a twist.
felco

Post by felco »

Frog wrote:
felco wrote:
Frog wrote:

Ditto

everywhere you

It's not difficult, normal, as in having fun riding gives between 42-44 mpg, cruising/touring regularly gives 46-48.

Don't know why you think they are so bad on fuel, has not been my experience over 45,000 miles.

Please point out exactly where Honda have improved the AT over bikes 10 years older without getting your knickers in a twist.
Fun riding gives 44mpg on a 950 ktm! Ya my cocks 9 inch on the slack also.
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

thats enough of the 'willy waving' Felco
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

felco wrote:
Frog wrote:
felco wrote:
Frog wrote:

Ditto

everywhere you

So was mine Felco until I took the knot out of it :whistle:

[center]
sexy-brunette-girl-animated-gif-3_2017-02-12.gif
sexy-brunette-girl-animated-gif-3_2017-02-12.gif (1.99 MiB) Viewed 2075 times
[/center]
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
felco

Post by felco »

If I keep watching Erics post I will get 50mpg out of my old steed :whistle: , good crack lads (thumbs)
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

felco wrote:
Frog wrote:
felco wrote:
Frog wrote:

Ditto

everywhere you

My 950 will do 500km on a tank! Well tanks. You can't get something for noting, if you want a bike that blows your skirt up the it cost's a little extra fuel. But what this post is all about is the guys that thought the AT would and did n't. Joking aside if you ride with a smooth throttle with CV carbs they will return good mileage. If I want to save money on fuel then I would take the Lada Niva which run's on LPG and does the equivalent to 60mpg. But your AT make you smile then you don't have to defend it (with your cock) just get on with it. This post is n't even about you.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I think if I were a Honda fan and I wanted this style of bike, but I didn't want to ride a bike on anything more than the occasional gravel track, with the vast bulk of mileage on sealed roads......I'd say Honda's own Crosstour VFR 800X is the better bike.10 bhp more with a silky smooth V4.
Probably cheaper as well.
JJay51

Post by JJay51 »

SteveW wrote:I think if I were a Honda fan and I wanted this style of bike, but I didn't want to ride a bike on anything more than the occasional gravel track, with the vast bulk of mileage on sealed roads......I'd say Honda's own Crosstour VFR 800X is the better bike.10 bhp more with a silky smooth V4.
Probably cheaper as well.
But still dull nevertheless :whistle: :P
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Ffs who cares :laugh:

We all know the 800gs is the better bike (thumbs)

All we need now is someone to mention the ccm :evil:

Return to “BIKES”