800XC or 1200GS........Which One ??

The Things We Ride
ross dean

Re: 800XC or 1200GS........Which One ??

Post by ross dean »

F800GS :)
There is something about life and dress rehearsal that I need to remember ...
Paul C

Post by Paul C »

Wow, you really do hate BMW don't you? To take the time for such a post :lol:

The OP wanted opinions not brand hatred. Just ride all the bikes you can and make a decision based on what best suits you and the type of riding you'll be doing. Don't let scare stories (about any bike) put you off, make your own decisions.

I'm going to make this my last comment on this thread, before it degenerates any further.
It's your money, your choice.
...I just want to ride!
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

This has turned into a crap thread..... FFS grow up peeps, they're all fecking motorbikes...... jeez.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

To bring the OP back to the original question, there isn't much between the 800GS or 800XC, I tried them both before choosing mine. It really depends on your on-road/off-road bias. If you lean towards off-road more, then go for the BMW; if it is more a road-biased bike with excellent off-road capability that floats your boat then opt for the Triumph.
If it helps, when choosing my bikes I ask myself whether I can pick it up off the ground or out of the mud on my own, something I couldn't do with the 1200 ADV
Smelly Dog

Post by Smelly Dog »

PaulinBont wrote:To bring the OP back to the original question, there isn't much between the 800GS or 800XC, I tried them both before choosing mine. It really depends on your on-road/off-road bias. If you lean towards off-road more, then go for the BMW; if it is more a road-biased bike with excellent off-road capability that floats your boat then opt for the Triumph.
If it helps, when choosing my bikes I ask myself whether I can pick it up off the ground or out of the mud on my own, something I couldn't do with the 1200 ADV

I think I said exactly the same thing...B)

So that makes 2 of us.. so there is your answer to

"Not this Thread ! ":laugh:

BTW my little KTM 640 has done 18,000 Hard Off Road K'ms without any probs...

So maybe the future is ORANGE !!!
"Never Forget Your Welsh"

or the name of the woman in the morning !!!
scouse

Post by scouse »

Oh dear Minky... you had one that worked why sell it :D I tend to find a bike I like then stick with it... never been one to follow fashions.

And for the unbelivers you should all bow down and worship at the shrine of the dead KLR like what I actually do! The back of my garage is a shrine to them I have that many broken ones... I own more Kawasaki's KLR's than Beemers :P

Just like them for some bizarre reason, even if they can have fragile top ends, piss poor timing chain adjusters and seizing suspension bearings.. pistons that oval as soon as you look at them and carbs that rip the inlet rubbers off by the way they vibrate... wouldn't advise anyone else to buy a kickstart 600 or an old style 250 unless they had some mechanical know how but I really like 'em ...at the end of the day the best bike in the world is the one you are riding on :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Jammin

Post by Jammin »

Thanks for the entertaining posts......:unsure:

Well, had a morning on a 1200GS & a little blast on a 1200GS Adv.
Tiger: Great engine, very nibble but with it's high revving lump i fear i will be waving bye bye to my license very soon.
GS: What a machine, totally different to my 1150GSA. Loads of power, comfortable & lots of toys. I especially like the computer & ride adjustment.
I really liked the Tiger but the GS wins hands down!!!. Can get a good deal too. £800 off the bike & £800 of accessories chucked in.
Bike choice sorted......now the wife (thats the hard part) :pinch:

Will keep you posted.
Kendo

Post by Kendo »

The Futures dark................The Futures Tripple Black
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

rode them both,triumph is a very good bike but decided for my needs i wanted a shaft but i'd never buy a gs,i've had a bm before a f800r but would never buy a boxer.
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Never Mind..

Return to “BIKES”