Too cheap...why

The Things We Ride
RandG

Re: Too cheap...why

Post by RandG »

Mike101 wrote:Look at the exhaust...rusty...they don't rust like that with under 2k on them.

Look at the rear wheel...spokes are rusted to hell...again not on a bike of that age and use.

Something is very wrong with that bike...looks to me like it's been repaired with old bike parts.

I'm staying well away from it.

Mike
Stolen recovered. It may have sat outside in the time before it was recovered, you'd be surprised how quickly these spokes rust.

It's a Yam and looks a bargain if you're in that sorta market. (thumbs)
cozi70

Post by cozi70 »

The red programme key isn't a huge issue. They can reprogram more spare keys at my locksmiths as long as you have one of the original black one's that works it.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

RandG wrote:
Mike101 wrote:Look at the exhaust...rusty...they don't rust like that with under 2k on them.

Look at the rear wheel...spokes are rusted to hell...again not on a bike of that age and use.

Something is very wrong with that bike...looks to me like it's been repaired with old bike parts.

I'm staying well away from it.

Mike
Stolen recovered. It may have sat outside in the time before it was recovered, you'd be surprised how quickly these spokes rust.

It's a Yam and looks a bargain if you're in that sorta market. (thumbs)

The front wheel,is perfect..but the rear is rusted badly. I'm my experience the front is the one that rusts first.

I say it's a bitsa bad repair job and could be hiding all sorts of trouble.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
James_Death

Post by James_Death »

you know what is spooky.... how sometimes you can just see a few pictures of a bike and just get a feeling its not right.

Or see pictures that look ok ask the seller a few questions and then it just don't feel like its the one you want after all.

As for tail lights fenders and number plates been twisted off to one side i see a darn lot of trail bikes like that to start with...lol
skipper

Post by skipper »

I have called that company a couple of times looking for used bike parts, they were more expensive than buying new from the dealer. So I can guarantee the said bike will not be a bargain.
Wonkyconk

Post by Wonkyconk »

Bird shit on the exhaust?
BIG BILL

Post by BIG BILL »

Is the reg date wrong on the Doc???

If not i will get me coat.. :silly:
It's a hard one..

BB
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bl**dy thing ( Barry Sheene )
Your along time dead..
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

thats why its cheap ! its not top money ,spend more and buy better ..
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

first look it looked weird to me too
but its probably just rebuilt as stated

.. but is it a cat c, or cat d, ? ?

edit ... just saw that it is from a bike breakers .. so obviously has been patched up as such.
also ... I have dealt with Shaun Rose in the past (parts from his breakers yard in doncaster) .. and he always seemed like a genuine bloke!! and the parts he supplied were fine!! +plus prompt delivery and hassel-free
bowber

Post by bowber »

There's rusty bits on the rest of the bike that match the randomly rust spokes so may be original wheels and exhausts. Definitely a view before you buy bike.

Steve

Return to “BIKES”