Is it just me, or are ALL newly registered bikes coming with ugly garish reflectors on the forks??

The Things We Ride
Philiptigerrice

Is it just me, or are ALL newly registered bikes coming with ugly garish reflectors on the forks??

Post by Philiptigerrice »

The new BMW's, even the Electric DS Zero bike, and the new fireblades - all have front fork reflectors clumsily glued on to them...

Is it a New for 2017 Reg'd bikes rule?

Whats that all about?

And - if we take them off - will we fail the MOT, do we need Velcro? Lol
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
bowber

Re: Is it just me, or are ALL newly registered bikes coming with ugly garish reflectors on the forks??

Post by bowber »

I'm not sure but I've seen them on bikes for years so I don't think it's new.

Steve
crofty

Re: Is it just me, or are ALL newly registered bikes coming with ugly garish reflectors on the forks??

Post by crofty »

Its probably something to do with a surplus of these reflectors you see on pushbike wheels which have had reflectors for years. With all the motorbike stuff being made in China they are just sticking them on everything that moves.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Law for all new bikes, if I had one it would "fall off" and get put back on for MOT :whistle:
Philiptigerrice

Aha - I thought I'd heard something like that...

Velcro might be the way to go then! Lol
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Philiptigerrice

I wonder if manafacturers will start to come up with something less clumsy looking.

I have some black reflective 3M tape on the bevelled edges of my panniers to give me a bigger 'signature' from the rear on the motorway at night.

I wonder if black reflective tape on a black fork would pass, at some point.
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

It's been the law in the USA for years.
robson

Post by robson »

motogb also use it

Gedge

Post by Gedge »

They were on my XSR and i was told it was an American specification thing ...no mention of any change to UK legislation ...either way, they arent there anymore !!!!
.fraser.

Post by .fraser. »

I'm sure it's an EU thing. I don't know how we've lasted all these year's without them?

Return to “BIKES”