Is it just me, or are ALL newly registered bikes coming with ugly garish reflectors on the forks??

The Things We Ride
Philiptigerrice

Re: Is it just me, or are ALL newly registered bikes coming with ugly garish reflectors on the forks??

Post by Philiptigerrice »

There'll be a factory in Europe somewhere that makes them - it'll be the only one that meets the EU Regulations! Lol :whistle:
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Mr K

Re: Is it just me, or are ALL newly registered bikes coming with ugly garish reflectors on the forks??

Post by Mr K »

It's part of the Euro 4 regulations - I doubt it'll affect the MOT test.

(thumbs)
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

mine were only held on by double sided tape and 1 was on the piss so they were taken off before it left the shop.Not on the ktm,the triumph,the ktm doesn't have any.
robson

Post by robson »

Mr K wrote:It's part of the Euro 4 regulations - I doubt it'll affect the MOT test.

(thumbs)
EU is considering also putting reflective obligatory stickers on our arses as well.
misterlaffer

Post by misterlaffer »

robson wrote:
Mr K wrote:It's part of the Euro 4 regulations - I doubt it'll affect the MOT test.

(thumbs)
EU is considering also putting reflective obligatory stickers on our arses as well.
The EU propose parts of the MOT to be part of a regular service, therefore forcing you to service your vehicle at regular intervals - imposed. Trouble is, the UK MOT is being retained too, so vehicles end up being scrutinised twice within a year, and the cost passed on to the customer for both. A current example of this are emissions tests. These will be added to your service schedule every so many 1000 miles, not just once a year.
john-g

Post by john-g »

It's not just side reflectors, my new Honda Crossrunner also has front indicators that stay on all the time, as does the new Africa Twin. Both have been fitted to U.S. Bikes for years, seems it's more convenient for the big manufacturers to standardise U.S. and European bike spec's.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Yeah they standardise it when it suits them :whistle: USA S10`s don`t have immobilisers!
As for EU MOT as we have told the EU to f off . . . :whistle: :laugh:
robson

Post by robson »

Nigel wrote:Yeah they standardise it when it suits them :whistle: USA S10`s don`t have immobilisers!
As for EU MOT as we have told the EU to f off . . . :whistle: :laugh:
I hope more countries go with this good example and say EU to f off (thumbs)
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

I'm not too concerned about an emissions test...

As long as they apply the tax laws to bikes. I think a lot of bikes pay far too high a road tax.

I pay more for my GSA than I do my SUV!!
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)

Return to “BIKES”