Most Underrated

The Things We Ride
rlkat

Re: Most Underrated

Post by rlkat »

Nikonnigel wrote:a 2003 Yamaha tdm 900 that I brought in 2007 ran it for 5 years. lovely bike
I bought a brand new TDM in 2005. I sold it after a year as I didn't bond with it. Now it ticks a lot of boxes for me.
I've no idea how to add a signature.
agrantg

Post by agrantg »

Nikonnigel wrote:a 2003 Yamaha tdm 900 that I brought in 2007 ran it for 5 years. lovely bike
+1 for the TDM 900. I have a 2003 model and bought a 2012 one last autumn. Kept the old one though. It has 60,000 miles on it and still runs perfectly. Did a 2 week tour to Scotland in June and my brother rode the old one. It never missed a beat.
Redsoul

Post by Redsoul »

The most under rated bike in my opinion has to be the Super Tenere...it's cheaper than most of the competition,definitely more reliable than the competition,build quality second to none and is incredibly easy on ride 2 up.
placky2

Post by placky2 »

every bike ive ever had was unfashionable! I don't give a toss either as long as its reliable and comfy its ok by me.currently got a Suzuki gs850g??? loved my varadero 1000 and wish to god id never sold my Norton commando but hey ho,needs must at the time.cracking thread this one.
bosses are like nappys,always hanging round ya arse and full of shit.

life is like a shit sandwich,the more bread you have the less shit you eat.

never get into owt you cant get out of.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I had a Suzuki Dr250s Japanese import and a Honda CRM250 and these bikes were bulletproof,great on the trails and good on the road,had much more style than any UK model and all the best bits but as usual i was swayed by more exotic enduro bikes and found i could not ride them half as well in really tricky conditions. Neither had batteries so none of that trickle charging in the depths of winter malarky. Just missed a DR250 on ebay and wished i had bought it but i left it too long.
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

Aprillia Caponard 1200. Very unpopular but when you read the reviews they get a cracking write up.
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
Trev

Post by Trev »

Some great bikes but not sure how many are underrated? For me it's the NC700X (particularly in DCT form), the CX500 of today, pigeonholed as boring, commuter, newbie bike but big enough, comy enough, (just about) quick enough, comfortable, ahead of its time, sooooo easy to ride, great on fuel, cheap compared to 'me too must haves', Honda reliability and it's got a frunk!
For sure I've had, and have, better bikes but can't think of one more underrated. (thumbs)
Rangoonruns

Post by Rangoonruns »

My KTM SMT 990 and my ex versys 650 :)
gspod

Post by gspod »

Trev wrote:Some great bikes but not sure how many are underrated?

Agreed, just because a bike is not as highly rated as the current opposition doesn't make it underrated - the Versey gets a great write up.

The TDM 900 was slagged by every journo and biker that didn't ride one, my wife sold hers for a ridiculous price - if she wanted to buy the same year bike with the same miles now she'd have to pay about £500 more!!! I've checked.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Not sure about the NC700x but the CX 500 was a great bike that was seriously underrated. Once the suspension had been sorted, with GS750 fork springs and some Italian rear shocks in my case, it was probably one of the best handling Hondas of it's era. 50 mpg whilst being hammered round London day in day out, easy to maintain and all day comfort. The press hated them and us courier riders loved them. A much better bike than the VT500 which replaced it and better than Kawasakis gt550.
Cheers Jak

Return to “BIKES”