WK400 owners thread.

The Things We Ride
Andi_Archer

Re: WK400 owners thread.

Post by Andi_Archer »

Thanks I must have missed/forgotten that ah well I have them on order anyway just awaiting delivery. That said the link looks like its had some wear from the bearing moving around.
Owdgit

Re: WK400 owners thread./ ignition problem

Post by Owdgit »

Hi, my bike started with a similar problem which I traced to a faulty light switch, this has now been replaced but there is still a problem as I have lost headlights but engine will start with some fiddling of ignition key however I can remove key and bike still functions and engine doesn't stop till kill switch used.
Am totally baffled not helped by being somewhat inept at electrics.
Anybody any ideas, do I need a new ignition switch?
Cheers Owdgit
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

It certainly sounds like the ignition switch is not disengaging/engaging correctly
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Sounds like you have two faults, lighting and ignition...……...looking at the ignition first check the wiring from under the ignition, there is a red and black wire that leads down to a wiring clip, this should be on the outer insulation but can move onto the wire insulation that may cause it to wear through the red or black wire causing a semi permanent short...………….follow the red and black wires and you then see a small connecting plug on the side of the frame, separate this plug and check for dirt, water etc again looking for a short...……….finally look under the seat at the wiring above the air box, its very compressed and I had a wire break that was the main feed from the ignition to the battery due to friction, check all this first and we can go from there...……...
Owdgit

Post by Owdgit »

Thanks guys will investigate tomorrow. Cheers
Markus

Post by Markus »

The ignitition Key-Switch is poor quality, once in a hurry i pulled out the key inthe middle between On and Off. Had quite some trouble to get the key back in. Now I always make sure to turn to OFF befor pulling on the key, since the whole switch has a little play since then...
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

When checking the ignition (most 12v circuits in fact) check with a meter but also follow up with a simple test light and notice the brightness of the bulb.

I forgot the last step, actually the bulb had been smashed, and ended up buying unneeded, a CDI plus having alternator and trigger rewound and all because of a dodgy ignition switch which according to my meters was fine :(

Simple indicator bulb in a holder with a fuse in the supply is quick to make up.

TTFN

Hugh.
Owdgit

Post by Owdgit »

Quick update folks, stripped and cleaned ignition barrel looks like it may have been as simple as zip tie interfering with steering lock but anyway lights back working and bike running ok. Still can remove key in off position but doesn't kill engine but heyho can live with that as stops on kiĺ switch. Thanks for the help, can't wait to get back out. Cheers
Scotriders

Post by Scotriders »

Got an oil leak but when I followed the pipes up I noticed that they stop where the hose has been folded over and zip tied. See pics.
I'm guessing that said hose should be connected to the device at the top but it's been this way since New as far as I'm aware.
Should I reconnect the hose? If not, would I be as well blanking off the pipes where they leave the barrel as they can't be doing anything?
Cheers in advance.
Alan

ImageImage
Last edited by Scotriders on Sun May 10, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Not seeing any images bud maybe host them elsewhere.

Return to “BIKES”