WK400 owners thread.

The Things We Ride
netsonic

Re: WK400 owners thread.

Post by netsonic »

Hi Glenn, interesting as ive been looking at the write up on the Geon forum about this as one of the guys on there fitted one, i couldn't quite understand from their interpretation what lead then to want or need one as this being an air cooled bike it should cope i guess.

Interestingly when the parts web link was available on the WK web site for the WK400 they did have oil coolers on there , a pair with all the fittings but i seem to remember they were a tad pricey to add as an after thought so this gives a good alternative........................still not sure if its needed
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

netsonic wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:48 am very quiet on the WK400 front......... :!:

just written off to quadzilla to ask if the WK400 parts website link is coming back............as our bikes mature it would be good to know bits are available when and if required..................although some bits like front pads we can get outside of WK be good to know what is available on the shelf like indicators, levers, sprockets and even clutch cables etc

just deciding if i want the crash bars and or the pannier set and rack.............i want to do some basic touring next year around Normandy and possibly Ypres and think this bike will be great especially if i want to get off the beaten track.........really need to sort out some driving lights if i do which could attache to the crash bars i think............

Also thinking if some new tyres would help as these are a bit iffy in the wet..................sorry dont want to open a massive tyre debate :oops:

had a great response from quadzilla today on parts availability and consumables if or when required.........they appear well stocked now and good to know as our bikes mature.............not sure about the panniers yet as they look a bit OTT for the bike and my needs, may go with a simple 40L top box and a dry bag on the pillion seat for what i have planned next year, top box cheap, dry bag goes with me into B+B :lol: i dont do tents anymore so wont need so much storage

FRONT BRAKE PADS 35090061 £14.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
REAR BRAKE PADS 55110053 £14.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
AIR FILTER 18020268 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
FRONT SPROCKET 15170066 £12.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
REAR SPROCKET 54130208 £24.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
CLUTCH CABLE 47020221 £14.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK

REAR RH INDICATOR 32040196 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
REAR LH INDICATOR 32050916 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
FRONT RH INDICATOR 32020228 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
FRONT LH INDICATOR 32030228 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK

TRAIL 400 ACCESORY BUNDLE (incl. paniers, crash bars, headlight protector) £475
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WK-Bikes-Trai ... 2802197770
Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

'Hi Glenn, interesting as ive been looking at the write up on the Geon forum about this as one of the guys on there fitted one, i couldn't quite understand from their interpretation what lead then to want or need one as this being an air cooled bike it should cope i guess.'
Granted not everyone will need one especially in UK, but when hard going uphill off roading loaded up with camping kit etc in Spain last year had them over heat - warning light on dash and needed time to cool down.

'Interestingly when the parts web link was available on the WK web site for the WK400 they did have oil coolers on there , a pair with all the fittings but i seem to remember they were a tad pricey to add as an after thought so this gives a good alternative........................still not sure if its needed'
Yeh costed them up when website was live - it was close to £200 all in, mine was 1/10th of that price so happy to try it and prove no leaks in UK before more off road trips abroad next year ...
Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

other photos (which are much larger >3Mb) wont upload in ff or chrome

i'll try resizing smaller later
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

It looks similar to the Suzuki DR650 cooler that has a small crash bar

Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

yeh Andi looks similar though wider at 7 rows and its a tight squeeze already on the wk to get it to fit and have anything not hit it eg forks, mudguard etc on compression.
Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

Drain the oil and disconnect oil pipe from top and bottom of the frame.

Then cut out a section of the rigid oil pipe towards the bottom, keep this cut off as you need it to join the flexible oil pipes.

Take care to modify the fittings and add a couple of extra brackets to end up with something like this
Gazgazzler

Post by Gazgazzler »

I'm still enjoying mine, I did just over 100 miles today, and my arse is killing me, any suggestions for a comfier seat for touring as I would like to go further afield. Also just signed up for IAM course today as well after taking part in a free taster session.

Also I filled it up with petrol today and brimmed the tank with the bike standing up, when I left it on the side stand whilst I went to pay and petrol was pouring out from under the tank on the left hand side? After a minute or two it stopped and I rode gingerly home? Should this have happened? It seems wrong.

Phil
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Gazgazzler wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:41 pm I'm still enjoying mine, I did just over 100 miles today, and my arse is killing me, any suggestions for a comfier seat for touring as I would like to go further afield. Also just signed up for IAM course today as well after taking part in a free taster session.

Also I filled it up with petrol today and brimmed the tank with the bike standing up, when I left it on the side stand whilst I went to pay and petrol was pouring out from under the tank on the left hand side? After a minute or two it stopped and I rode gingerly home? Should this have happened? It seems wrong.

Phil
Hi Phil, enjoying mine too, planning to do some trips around Normandy next year. I find the seat really comfy but you could try a gel insert......

The fuel cap has a breather system and i guess when brimmed then put on the side stand the fuel expanded a bit from the heat of the engine and vented up through the cap and down the thin drain pipe on the inside of the top of the tank under the fuel cap. You will see this if you open the fuel cap on the left, goes through the tank and out under the left side of the tank
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Well who would have thought, just like trying to get a bus you dont see one for ages then 3 arrive at the same time

3 WK400's for sale on the bay..........one looks very familiar

Return to “BIKES”