WK400 owners thread.

The Things We Ride
Gazgazzler

Re: WK400 owners thread.

Post by Gazgazzler »

Ha ha Netsonic, yes I have decided to sell mine. I really liked the bike, but I want to do longer trips, I've also decided to do my IAM test and I've always wanted a GS. I'll probably regret selling a nice light bike but who knows...

Thanks for all the advice on here, and as everyone knows it was all properly rebuilt using factory parts and I've done about 500 miles and it is running sweet as a nut.

So if anyone fancies a bargain, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WK400-Trail-A ... SwLyVZ23um

Phil
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

First the I drop the bike and this happens 😑 Petrol station forecourt.
Any one , link me to the part number please
F**ksticks.
IMG_20171112_142109_920.jpg
IMG_20171112_142109_920.jpg (117.53 KiB) Viewed 3239 times
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Some two pack epoxy putty will fix that just be sure you have no metal pieces inside the engine.you might want to look at filling the corner off the gear shifter and fitting some case savers.
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Thanks Andy. Know the dealer so will prob go for a new one and make a case saver at work.
Its pushed inwards but fractured a larger area around. Craigrevo suggested a 2 p piece bonded. one time I didn't carry chem metal but woyld have been loathed to use incase bits do more damage.
Was at a filling station a mile from home and Green Flag took 30 mins to come!

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Tyrant68 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:42 pm Thanks Andy. Know the dealer so will prob go for a new one and make a case saver at work.
Its pushed inwards but fractured a larger area around. Craigrevo suggested a 2 p piece bonded. one time I didn't carry chem metal but woyld have been loathed to use incase bits do more damage.
Was at a filling station a mile from home and Green Flag took 30 mins to come!
My Grandad epoxy resined a 2p(they can be shaped to fit very easily) piece to the crank case of my cousins bike about thirty odd years ago. The repair held until she sold it three years later. For all i know the bike is still running around the the bodge in place......Alas my Grandad didn,t last as long :(
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Unfortunalty the SUZUKi dr/drz bikes are prone to that too.Well st least you were not on the trail in the middle of nowhere.

Anyhow what’s up with pushing it’s only a mile,. last time the chain broke on my mt350 I was only half a mile from home but had a ruddy big hill to go up ERK!
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Andi_Archer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:48 pm Unfortunalty the SUZUKi dr/drz bikes are prone to that too.Well st least you were not on the trail in the middle of nowhere.

Anyhow what’s up with pushing it’s only a mile,. last time the chain broke on my mt350 I was only half a mile from home but had a ruddy big hill to go up ERK!
Why have a dog and bark yourself as the saying goes... in this case Green Flag. :mrgreen: Pay the buggers may as well use them ;)

netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Tyrant68 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:26 pm First the I drop the bike and this happens 😑 Petrol station forecourt.
F**ksticks.
Blimey thats really frustrating. .......ive filed the back of the lever round on mine so no pointy bits but not sure now it would prevent this if i drop the bike, may need to think what else can be done . Hope you get it fixed soon, be interested what the cover and gasket cost.....
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

netsonic wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:26 pm
Tyrant68 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:26 pm First the I drop the bike and this happens 😑 Petrol station forecourt.
F**ksticks.
Blimey thats really frustrating. .......ive filed the back of the lever round on mine so no pointy bits but not sure now it would prevent this if i drop the bike, may need to think what else can be done . Hope you get it fixed soon, be interested what the cover and gasket cost.....
As soon as I saw the hole I thought of you and your mod and no, I don't think it would have made a difference , though maybe not such a concave hole
Looked on Quadzilla and can't find a list for the 400 trail just the 125. The cover fro that is £20 ish and the 650 Crankcase cover only 30-40

netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Any news on the fix. Took a close look at mine and i think my gear lever is a tad lower although may be just the angle of the photo. Been looking at fabricating a piece of aluminium sheet to fit the recess on the stator case, may be a winter project........

Return to “BIKES”