WK400 owners thread.

The Things We Ride
Tink

Re: WK400 owners thread.

Post by Tink »

So.... Been to look at the 2015 WK400 in a dealer, it's covered 1500 miles, seems a nice bike, he's wanting £2k for it🤔.....
Won't move on price, so I'm not sure really as you could buy these new £2300 a few year ago....

What's your thoughts?????
IMG_20190608_112503.jpg
IMG_20190608_112503.jpg (102.58 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Tyrant68 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:38 pm Nice resurrection of the thread Netsonic :D
Mines still.going strong . Over 9000 miles now
Chain and sprockets done just before 8k and didn't look a lot different from new .
Fitted a horrendously expensive renthal chain but so far doing a good job.
Went through first MOT in Feb.
Have a issue with lights though. First lost dip, changed bulbs no good. Now main beam. Looks like handlebar switch is the issue. Still have brake and rear/ number plate and indicators.
20190504_174106.jpg
IMG_20190524_150056_089.jpg
IMG_20190519_235156_157.jpg
Hi Tyrant, you have some great green lanes in your neck of the woods by the looks of it and yours is being very well used for what its designed for. My guess is your switch is at fault as they have a poor design on the hi/lo connections inside, mine went a while back and although I did a fix it was not going to last. When you order a switch its the new version which is much inproved which is back in this thread. the new switch keeps the dash lights on and gives you a passing/flash switch as well. As a heads up the new switch needs a new locating hole drilled in the handlebars before fitting, i forgot to mention this in my thread.
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Tink wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:59 pm So.... Been to look at the 2015 WK400 in a dealer, it's covered 1500 miles, seems a nice bike, he's wanting £2k for it🤔.....
Won't move on price, so I'm not sure really as you could buy these new £2300 a few year ago....

IMG_20190608_112503.jpg
Hi Tink, the pictures a tad blurred must have been the excitement of seeing it :D ……is it the one on e bay ......….dealer in Peterlee ?
Tink

Post by Tink »

netsonic wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:48 pm
Tink wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:59 pm So.... Been to look at the 2015 WK400 in a dealer, it's covered 1500 miles, seems a nice bike, he's wanting £2k for it🤔.....

IMG_20190608_112503.jpg
Hi Tink, the pictures a tad blurred must have been the excitement of seeing it :D ……is it the one on e bay ......….dealer in Peterlee ?
Netsonic... It is the one in Petelee, what do you think of price?
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Tink wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:41 pm
netsonic wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:48 pm

IMG_20190608_112503.jpg
Netsonic... It is the one in Petelee, what do you think of price?

PM sent
Paul-F

Post by Paul-F »

Well having read this thread from start to finish at least 4 times, I've just got myself a used WK.

I paid 1850 for it with 2.5k miles on the clock from a bike dealer in Lancaster, sight unseen. They had excellent google reviews tho and also sent me lots of close ups of the bits I wanted to see more of, seemed like good people.

Here it is:

I've just been for a first run round the country lanes here (south Cotswolds) and had a brilliant time! I find it turns more slowly than I'm used to so I need to allow for that a bit (my last bike was an old fazer 600 a few years back) but otherwise is lovely to ride.

It does backfire a lot when decelerating, so I'm wondering if there's something up with the injection. Also the seat bolt has broken the seat cover and a bit of foam is showing. The down pipes are a bit of a state too so I'll be wanting to do something about that before they get any worse.

Otherwise very happy.

I plan to try and get a case saver (after reading here) and some engine bars before I take it off road. Will be getting in touch with Quadzilla.

Maybe change the tyres too since they look a bit road oriented to me. I used to have a Serrow a while back and went green laning a bit with the Surrey TRF and this WK looks a lot more like a road bike to me at the moment!

Also the seat height is taking some getting used to - I'm a shorty at 5'7 and with short legs to boot. I have to slide one bum cheek off the seat to get a foot flat on the floor at junctions, but it actually is a lot more doable than I feared. And it feels great perched up there above the cars.

Nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to sharing experiences messing about with this (so far) lovely bike.
Noppy

Post by Noppy »

Paul-F wrote:Well having read this thread from start to finish at least 4 times, I've just got myself a used WK.

I paid 1850 for it with 2.5k miles on the clock from a bike dealer in Lancaster, sight unseen. They had excellent google reviews tho and also sent me lots of close ups of the bits I wanted to see more of, seemed like good people.

Here it is:

I've just been for a first run round the country lanes here (south Cotswolds) and had a brilliant time! I find it turns more slowly than I'm used to so I need to allow for that a bit (my last bike was an old fazer 600 a few years back) but otherwise is lovely to ride.

It does backfire a lot when decelerating, so I'm wondering if there's something up with the injection. Also the seat bolt has broken the seat cover and a bit of foam is showing. The down pipes are a bit of a state too so I'll be wanting to do something about that before they get any worse.

Otherwise very happy.

I plan to try and get a case saver (after reading here) and some engine bars before I take it off road. Will be getting in touch with Quadzilla.

Maybe change the tyres too since they look a bit road oriented to me. I used to have a Serrow a while back and went green laning a bit with the Surrey TRF and this WK looks a lot more like a road bike to me at the moment!

Also the seat height is taking some getting used to - I'm a shorty at 5'7 and with short legs to boot. I have to slide one bum cheek off the seat to get a foot flat on the floor at junctions, but it actually is a lot more doable than I feared. And it feels great perched up there above the cars.

Nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to sharing experiences messing about with this (so far) lovely bike.
Nice! I'd first take the suspension to a tuner though, service and perhaps tune it a bit so that the clickers will start working properly! Nice buy!ImageImage

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CLT-L29 met Tapatalk

Paul-F

Post by Paul-F »

Thanks Noppy, that sounds like a good idea.
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Paul-F wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:22 pm Well having read this thread from start to finish at least 4 times, I've just got myself a used WK.

Here it is:

Otherwise very happy.

HI Paul, welcome to the WK400 frey, looks good, mine used to backfire all the time , I would check the tappets as a matter of course as this may help. The fuel cap can cause a level of vacuum so also worth checking and the TPS setting I mentioned in the thread. All of these when corrected make a massive improvement to the riding experience. The seat is high and I went for a foam reduction by a local seat trimmer, again massive improvement for me and if you get the a seat recovered at the same time it will resolve the seat bolt tear......This is a common issue and needs some extra spacers plus a rubber washer between the vinyl and washer to avoid the nut being over tightened thus splitting the vinyl.
Last edited by netsonic on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

My seat profile
20180120_151219.jpg
20180120_151219.jpg (63.49 KiB) Viewed 2007 times

Return to “BIKES”