WK400 owners thread.

The Things We Ride
Tyrant68

Re: WK400 owners thread.

Post by Tyrant68 »

Just under 600 miles on the little WK this weekend. Down to Devon Friday via A303 , lots of riding around saturday and back home via Lynmouth/Porlock/a39 to Bridgewater (great road)/ Quantock hills/ Cheddar Gorge/Mendips/Bath/cirencester/Bibury.
Fab ride back and the bike was faultless . Didn't miss abeat up and down the big hills on the Devon /Somerset border around the Quantocks and Mendips.
A few photos on phone but just a couple through Cheddar and the top before descent into Porlock from the Gopro.
G0032879.JPG
G0032879.JPG (54.1 KiB) Viewed 2523 times
G0032879.JPG
G0032879.JPG
G0012806.JPG
G0012806.JPG (19.61 KiB) Viewed 2523 times
[attachment=-1]G0012806.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
G0012804.JPG
G0012804.JPG (22.12 KiB) Viewed 2523 times
G0032878.JPG
G0032878.JPG (54.81 KiB) Viewed 2523 times
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Sounds a good trip, good that the bike behaved as well.......
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Hi Guys
Time has come for an oil change. Take it the only filler is the one near the headstock where the dipstick is?
Haven't dropped the sump guard yet so I take it one drain plug and one filter housing?
Also have a set of these, was going to fit on the crash bars but as they're on an angle I'll be lighting the hedgerows :D Where have you fitted your spotlights?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-125W-CRE ... Spot-Bulb-
Light-Switch/231785654106?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Thanks

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

netsonic

Post by netsonic »

There are two drain points with a dry sump engine, the oil in the frame is drained via the allan bolt that is down the front tube that sticks out of the plastic bash plate, the other is next to the gear lever for what is in the sump. Most of the oil will be from the allan bolt exit the rest is from the side sump nut. I use hi flo HF112 oil filters, and the oil filter o ring can be re used just remove it and put it back so it re seats.
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

[video][/video]
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Thanks Netsonic. Brake pad change as well. Bought the EBC ones Ps at work so hard to viee youtube. Does it say oil quantity required ?

netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Tyrant68 wrote:Thanks Netsonic. Brake pad change as well. Bought the EBC ones
Ps at work so hard to viee youtube. Does it say oil quantity required ?

You should find 2 litres is fine, always check oil level after engine run so oil is warm to hot. Stop engine wait 3 mins check dip stick, it has a big high to low level band width mine sits about 25% below the high mark with 2 litres and is fine.
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Interested on how the ebc pads feel against stock once you have had them fitted for a while
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Hi Tyrant just for ref and having bought my bike from new i had no intention of doing the dealer service or the WK schedule as i felt it was designed to give the dealer an income rather than benefit the bike...i did however look at the schedule that came in the shineray manual and also cross ref against the MASH versions manual online which was the same and felt this approach was more than acceptable. In short first oil change was 1000KM, or 620 miles, mine was 600 miles, the second change which i did last week 4000km or 2460 miles, mine i did 2304, this works out now every 3000km or every 1860 miles, depending on my riding i will change the oil every 1500-1800 miles. I have done the valve adjustment and many other checks outside of just an oil change as well........
Because of the short oil change schedule i use a 10W40 semi synthetic JASO MA2 spec from an independent oil distributor and stay away from the mainstream over priced, over marketed, hyped up oil, this is just my view and i know oil can be a sensitive subject, i can do a oil and filter change for a shade under £9 a time.............
interested to know if you still have the metal oil filter in the bike which can be cleaned and re used but i went for the disposable ones
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Thanks for the advice Netsonic.
Will let you know about the pads.
Had a couple of hours out on Sunday, pads really need to go. Very hard, still plenty of life in them. Just very slow to stop. Rears seem good.

Return to “BIKES”