WK400 owners thread.

The Things We Ride
Glenn_G

Re: WK400 owners thread.

Post by Glenn_G »

'Have you had any problems with it?'
Yeh a few teething issues but no show stoppers so far - fingers crossed.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

netsonic wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:05 am Mines up to 6000 miles, interestingly there has been a few appearing on eBay lately most with very low mileage and less than 2k..............there is a white one in for sale in Blackpool for £1895 that only has 95 miles on the clock and is reg Aug 2017 but amazingly its an ABS version with the upgraded switches, different mirrors and throttle twist. I assumed they had finished being able to supply to the UK before the ABS version was produced............apparently not...........bit of a bargain
I didnt think they had brought any more in over here since the changes maybe its an import?
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Hi all
I dont have time to go through all the thread right now but does anybody have a download link for the owners manual and a link to the manufacturers specifications it seems the one I have picked up appears to be unregistered on the UK roads with the DVLA.
Thanks
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Flipping eck Oil and more Oil I think I struck a well the dip sicks all the way up the pattered section soooo reading through the thread the WK 400 is mentioned having 2.1 litres on an Oil change.
So its Oil in frame right so I drain the tank with the frame plug 2.5 litres ......hmmm kinda more than expected but OK. So go to the lower engine drain thinking to get the dregs out and check the plug for swarf and get another 2 litres WTF!!!!!!
Does this bike have a separate clutch oiling system and whats this pipe thats not joined to anything doing? [centre of image 1]

Small amount of swarf on the oil filter , metal btw so it saves me changing it out

Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

'Flipping eck Oil and more Oil I think I struck a well the dip sicks all the way up the pattered section soooo reading through the thread the WK 400 is mentioned having 2.1 litres on an Oil change.
So its Oil in frame right so I drain the tank with the frame plug 2.5 litres ......hmmm kinda more than expected but OK. So go to the lower engine drain thinking to get the dregs out and check the plug for swarf and get another 2 litres WTF!!!!!!
Does this bike have a separate clutch oiling system and whats this pipe thats not joined to anything doing? [centre of image 1]'

Hi Andi
I've overfilled mine before and did so last week :D (not by 2L though :shock: ) and if there is too much in there, on mine you can normally tell as the head/gasket/join starts leaking/weeping a little oili. No seperate clutch oil bath, but yes it's a dry sump so checking level means running / warming up first for a few minutes and then dip it. Its harder to check dip stick level after a oil change as oil is clean / clear. Experiment till you get consistent readings.

Pipe - unsure without looking at my bike - but if it is the one connected to other devices at the front righthand side - could it be part of emiisions circuit?
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

If goes to a valve sited on the right side attached to that two legged bracket at the front of the tank , from there crosses over the top of the cylinder head [centre of image 1] onto that T piece you can see in image to and thence splits to the OIl pipework descending down the front of the engine. [image 2]. A very strange it vents to air under the tank way but does not seem to affect the running of the bike.

Talk about running, feck me that spark plug is damn inaccessible I took the cap off then deciding against it as I didn't have the correct spanner to remove the plug spent the best part of an hout putting on and taking off the fuel tank because it wasn't sat right on the plug. That damn fuel line is a bugger too I will have to see about changing to a longer hose I nearly cursed everytime I had to remove the fuel pipe.

Anyhow fluids are done except the forks and ACF`d the engine just waiting on DVLA to see if they will issue a proper reg plate for it [ thats another story]Whomever owned it originally put the cig socket on the flat section front left so every time it rained it filled with water as its rusty as feck , so rewired with joining plug and have a spring cap socket on order.

Oh and removed the exhaust cleaned and high temp paint sprayed as it was rusty so must have been sat a good while unused, also lots of rust spots on the bottom of the tank which seems to only have a grey base coat on it so thats matt black too now.
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Hi, can someone please give me the part numbers for the aftermarket front and rear sprockets.(JT?)
Just standard gearing/size
Another 600 miles this weekend, back roads over Exmoor, some easy dirt tracks, A34/ A303/M40. Was perfect, but chain had now reached maximum on the adjuster. Just below 8000 miles
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Hi Tyrant a quick search of the thread gave this information posted by Netsonic
search.php?keywords=sprocket&t=40477&sf ... dab80b66be

FRONT BRAKE PADS 35090061 £14.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
REAR BRAKE PADS 55110053 £14.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
AIR FILTER 18020268 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
FRONT SPROCKET 15170066 £12.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
REAR SPROCKET 54130208 £24.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
CLUTCH CABLE 47020221 £14.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK

REAR RH INDICATOR 32040196 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
REAR LH INDICATOR 32050916 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
FRONT RH INDICATOR 32020228 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
FRONT LH INDICATOR 32030228 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Thanks Andy, there is JT alternatives as well for sprockets, but TBH the original go on and on.
EBS do front , upgraded pads

Need a new rear indicator as one has packed up and looks to be full of corrosion
Andi_Archer wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:34 pm Hi Tyrant a quick search of the thread gave this information posted by Netsonic
search.php?keywords=sprocket&t=40477&sf ... dab80b66be

FRONT BRAKE PADS 35090061 £14.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
REAR BRAKE PADS 55110053 £14.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
AIR FILTER 18020268 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
FRONT SPROCKET 15170066 £12.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
REAR SPROCKET 54130208 £24.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
CLUTCH CABLE 47020221 £14.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK

REAR RH INDICATOR 32040196 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
REAR LH INDICATOR 32050916 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
FRONT RH INDICATOR 32020228 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
FRONT LH INDICATOR 32030228 £19.99 RRP + VAT IN STOCK
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

Tyrant

If you want JT then I have used JTF1322 15t front sprocket - they dont last long for me and have gone through a few so far :evil: .

Return to “BIKES”