WK400 owners thread.

The Things We Ride
Andi_Archer

Re: WK400 owners thread.

Post by Andi_Archer »

netsonic wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:59 pmThe wheel bearing need two for each hub plus two oil/dust seals
Front wheel bearings SKF 6303-2RSH x2
Rear wheel bearings SKF 6005-2RSH x2
Thanks Netsonic so two bearings and two seals it is 8-)
Paul-F

Re: Just when things were going so well...

Post by Paul-F »

Tyrant68 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:51 am
Did you fit the split clamp assembly?
Left the ram ball in the wk as I couldn't get it out.
Have the mirror and ram arm
Yes, I didn't have a choice one side anyway because the threaded part of the mounting snapped off along with the mirror :)
Paul-F

Post by Paul-F »

That new switch gear looks nice Andi.

Good news here is the inspection cap from the XR400 fitted fine and also stopped the leak - I replaced the O ring seal as well:

Also I've run the fuel down to one bar since doing the fuel cap mod and Wendy hasn't felt even close to cutting out again. Will report back after a bit more riding.

Has anyone managed to get the tail panel off? There seems to be one final, cleverly hidden bolt I can't get to holding it on, just above the tail light assembly...

We're off to Sweet Lamb again tomorrow for another day's training with Moly. One part apprehensive, two parts excited :D
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

What is the mileage/Gallon and tank range on the WK?

Good luck with the training Paul , enjoy your day :D

In case anyone wants a future reference the bikes left cluster switch cable wiring is

Side light
Brown to side light
Blue Positive feed

Headlight
White Low beam
Dark Blue High beam
Red/White Positive feed [ only on with engine running]

Horn
Green to horn
Black Positive feed

Indicators
Orange Left
Light Blue Right
Grey Positive feed
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Andi_Archer wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:47 pm What is the mileage/Gallon and tank range on the WK?

Good luck with the training Paul , enjoy your day :D

In case anyone wants a future reference the bikes left cluster switch cable wiring is

Side light
Brown to side light
Blue Positive feed

Headlight
White Low beam
Dark Blue High beam
Red/White Positive feed [ only on with engine running]

Horn
Green to horn
Black Positive feed

Indicators
Orange Left
Light Blue Right
Grey Positive feed

My experience is as follows:-

Short answer 18 litres and around 250 miles

To get 18 liters in you will need the center stand and brim it...........but

The risk here is with a hot engine when you put it back on the side stand the fuel expands and vents through the overflow under the tank

Reality is at least 2-3 litres are unusable due to shape of tank, the right side can trap fuel when low as the fuel pump is on the left

I assume 15 litres of usable fuel, mpg based on riding conditions and style.........normally 200-230

Bear in mind the fuel sender in the tank is inaccurate out of the box and needs calibrating to help show actual fuel usage which I wrote about early in this thread....
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Paul-F wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:17 pm That new switch gear looks nice Andi.

Good news here is the inspection cap from the XR400 fitted fine and also stopped the leak - I replaced the O ring seal as well:

Also I've run the fuel down to one bar since doing the fuel cap mod and Wendy hasn't felt even close to cutting out again. Will report back after a bit more riding.

Has anyone managed to get the tail panel off? There seems to be one final, cleverly hidden bolt I can't get to holding it on, just above the tail light assembly...

We're off to Sweet Lamb again tomorrow for another day's training with Moly. One part apprehensive, two parts excited :D

HI Paul great news on on the inspection cap fit and the fuel cap mod......you know my ocd would ask the inspection cap was sprayed in gun metal grey........ :lol:

The tail panel has stumped me as well I think the plastic under guard needs removing to show a hidden bolt holding it on, what's the reason you need it removed

Enjoy your offroading at sweet lamb
Paul-F

Post by Paul-F »

netsonic wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 pm
you know my ocd would ask the inspection cap was sprayed in gun metal grey........ :lol:
Hah you know I did think that when I was sticking it on! BTW I didn't bother to spray the sides of my front brake pads black like you did and your OCD definitely paid of there - only been on a week or so and there's rust showing on them already - at least that's what I assume it is. I'll have to get them off again and clean and paint them.
netsonic wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 pm
The tail panel has stumped me as well I think the plastic under guard needs removing to show a hidden bolt holding it on, what's the reason you need it removed
Yes I assumed so too, tried to remove the guard and came to conclusion I'd have to remove the exhausts to get THAT off, at which point it all started getting too complicated. How the hell did they put these bikes together!?

No reason for taking it off really, just curious and poking about. I thought I might be able to give her a better clean if I could get all the plastic bits off (yes I actually do clean her sometimes...)
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Clean your bike, Im shocked ........Wash your mouth out :lol:
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

New bearings and seals arrived today so less than an hours work and they're done :D

Suspension and seat is a tad harder than my other bikes but she seems a good little commuter all the same

Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Oh I meant to say low level light came on after 172 miles and took 10.77 litres to fill [ 72mpg] so it looks like I will have to look at the fuel level float

Return to “BIKES”