WK400 owners thread.

The Things We Ride
netsonic

Re: WK400 owners thread.

Post by netsonic »

Looking good, .........great to see its back on the road smoke free. I forgot to mention the new switch needed a new hole drilled in the the handlebars for the location pin, i used the the origonal hole to guage the drill bit size........

Did you get the suspension height sorted

I have installed led bulbs in the headlights partly as i like the look but to help keep the heat down compared to filament bulbs, not tried it in the dark but as i dont do night riding im not to worried

The brake pads i mentioned in an earlier post from cmpo i tested today, and i would say they are better than stock after a few miles to break in they felt good and considering the price im very pleased, and considering how little pad was left on the stock ones after a shade over 3000 miles im pleased they are cheap
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Out on the wee mn today.
Quick blast to RAF Fairford to watch the U2 spyplane come in
20170917_163712.jpg
20170917_163712.jpg (159.85 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

very quiet on the WK400 front......... :!:

just written off to quadzilla to ask if the WK400 parts website link is coming back............as our bikes mature it would be good to know bits are available when and if required..................although some bits like front pads we can get outside of WK be good to know what is available on the shelf like indicators, levers, sprockets and even clutch cables etc

just deciding if i want the crash bars and or the pannier set and rack.............i want to do some basic touring next year around Normandy and possibly Ypres and think this bike will be great especially if i want to get off the beaten track.........really need to sort out some driving lights if i do which could attache to the crash bars i think............

Also thinking if some new tyres would help as these are a bit iffy in the wet..................sorry dont want to open a massive tyre debate :oops:
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Sales of the bikes seem to have come to a halt even the Euro4 model doesn't seem to have made it out the factory yet
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Hi, does anyone know the chain size and length please?
Thanks Jak
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Hi jak should be a 520 with 110 links, standard chain from the factory is a riveted O-ring version but although mine is not due for replacement when it is its likely i will get a split link version, just for ease of cleaning off the bike.......check out the link below from our Ukrainian friends

http://geon-club.com.ua/forum/viewtopic ... &start=400
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

The Kendas are nearly shot now and after replacing them with Maxxis ITs as I won't be doing massive distances over the winter.
Glenn_G if you are still amongst us what tire size did you use for the rear? Thanks

Must cobble together a report of my trip to France/Belgium on mine.
Cleaning day tomorrow so he looks good for Ride To The Wall next weekend :mrgreen:
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Tyrant68 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:33 pm The Kendas are nearly shot now and after replacing them with Maxxis ITs as I won't be doing massive distances over the winter.
Glenn_G if you are still amongst us what tire size did you use for the rear? Thanks

Must cobble together a report of my trip to France/Belgium on mine.
Cleaning day tomorrow so he looks good for Ride To The Wall next weekend :mrgreen:
Hi Tyrant keen to know about your France Belgium trip, i would like to to something similar next year with my brother

Also keen to know what tyres people are thinking of or have after the Kenda's.........i find the 80/20 design suits my needs but feel the wet grip on the road is limited and wondered if there is a better option..............looking at Mefo MFE99, Mitas 07 or 08, two of those are more 50/50 but all have correct rear sizing
Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

'Glenn_G if you are still amongst us what tire size did you use for the rear?'
I use the standard 110 size rears, a couple of weeks ago put on a new Maxxis Pro IT M7305 110/100/18 rear.
Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

Thought this might help other WK Mash Geon 400 owners if they want to fit an oil cooler.

I found Honda quad bikes fit an oil cooler as standard and are cheap enough secondhand.

You can get them in different widths - I choose a 5 way version from a Honda TRX400 Foreman with lines and fittings included like this :
trx400 foreman oil cooler.jpg
trx400 foreman oil cooler.jpg (61.51 KiB) Viewed 2645 times

Return to “BIKES”