The Things We Ride
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: WK400 owners thread.

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

A pleasure, as ever...
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

very quite on the WK front, ...........mine is still going strong with no issues and over 4300 miles from new. Not seen another one in the flesh on my travels and still gets some attention at some bike friendly cafes i may visit at the weekends :mrgreen: ..........last weekend in particular at route 1066 cafe Robertsbridge was very busy and managed a 100 miles round trip that day...........my back did suffer as a consequence though the next day. :(

Found 4 used WK400's on the web, two on the bay, one on Gumtree and one on Biketrader, shame no one who also has one is near to the South Coast as be good to meet up and compare notes on pro and cons of owning and to see another on the road...........maybe i should try to start a WK400 owners club............mmmmm.........it would be very exclusive :lol:
Tink

Post by Tink »

They look like a good bike👍.....
I can't understand why more weren't sold in the UK,... I've got a Honley RX3 and it's the same sort of thing, I've never seen another one 😂
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

indeed be good to know how many are actually in use in the UK.............the Honley RX3 looks a great bike and the spec gives it a better top end than the WK400 although its not about speed when you own these types of bikes, your engine looks up to date as well compared to the WK
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

WK400 is 33 taxed plus 7 Sorn ://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/wk_bikes_trail_400
Honley RX3 is 38 taxed plus 6 Sorn ://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/honley_rx3_zs_250_gy
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Tonibe63 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:03 pm WK400 is 33 taxed plus 7 Sorn ://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/wk_bikes_trail_400
Honley RX3 is 38 taxed plus 6 Sorn ://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/honley_rx3_zs_250_gy
That's very interesting 👍...
Got to say both of the bikes are very good value for money 🍻🍻
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Mine hit 6k last weekend. Other than the casing hole{my fault for dropping it) it's been great.
Still on the Kendas and still the same chain/sprockets with plenty of life
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Tyrant68 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:08 pm Mine hit 6k last weekend. Other than the casing hole{my fault for dropping it) it's been great.
Did you get the casing sorted ?
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

netsonic wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:25 pm
Tyrant68 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:08 pm Mine hit 6k last weekend. Other than the casing hole{my fault for dropping it) it's been great.
Did you get the casing sorted ?
yes, new one came in end of Jan and a friend fitted it. Needed two to get the crash bars back in place.
The strange thing was inside the casing where the hole was was a smiley face. :lol:
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

Lol.....not sure whats more disturbing ........the thought of a Chinese worker putting a smiley on the inside casing. .....assuming this was done with a very special type of pen !!!!!!!!!!?...........or the need to have two people to get the crash bars stretched into place.....

Same here though tyres chain and bike all doing well.....only issue is the exhaust headers got a dose of surface rust so have done a coat of spray enamel once or twice to keep looking ok

Return to “BIKES”