WK400 owners thread.

The Things We Ride
ymmit

Re: WK400 owners thread.

Post by ymmit »

Hang on. I may just be being really dumb here. I found that wire and it was plugged in fine. Is this just what the bike does when it's low on fuel? The fuel gauge flashes constantly with the bar full? I thought if it was empty it would have flashed with no bars so I assumed there was a problem. I haven't actually filled it up since i got it so i don't know anything about it. It had the stalling issue which I fixed and I just thought this was another issue.
EdwardCollings

Post by EdwardCollings »

Sorry for the late reply, from memory my fuel light will flash when my fuel level hits the bottom bar. Is yours fitted with ABS?

Have you filled up with any success in the mean time?
ymmit

Post by ymmit »

Hi again. My late replay this time. I haven't checked yet but when i do i'll report back. I read of a similar thing on another wk bike, not this model so i'm still not sure if it's a fault.
EdwardCollings

Post by EdwardCollings »

ymmit wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:57 am Hang on. I may just be being really dumb here. I found that wire and it was plugged in fine. Is this just what the bike does when it's low on fuel? The fuel gauge flashes constantly with the bar full? I thought if it was empty it would have flashed with no bars so I assumed there was a problem. I haven't actually filled it up since i got it so i don't know anything about it. It had the stalling issue which I fixed and I just thought this was another issue.
My bike did this, 5 bars flash with the fuel warning light, it's means your tank has dropped below 1 bar of fuel, on a side note I managed 190 miles from one tank last week
ymmit

Post by ymmit »

EdwardCollings wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:57 pm
ymmit wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:57 am Hang on. I may just be being really dumb here. I found that wire and it was plugged in fine. Is this just what the bike does when it's low on fuel? The fuel gauge flashes constantly with the bar full? I thought if it was empty it would have flashed with no bars so I assumed there was a problem. I haven't actually filled it up since i got it so i don't know anything about it. It had the stalling issue which I fixed and I just thought this was another issue.
My bike did this, 5 bars flash with the fuel warning light, it's means your tank has dropped below 1 bar of fuel, on a side note I managed 190 miles from one tank last week
Hi

Yes you're right. The fuel level needs to be insanely high for it to register. I put in 10 litres or something and it only came up as one bar.

Has anyone changed the front sprocket out? I put in a 16 and I prefer it. The gearing is more spaced out and less viby.
ymmit

Post by ymmit »

Have you worked out the mpg from filling it up full then waiting til it hits that all bars flashing point? I'd be interested to know the true mpg on this.
EdwardCollings

Post by EdwardCollings »

I believe I get roughly 65-70 MPG, I use mine for commuting with a good chunk of dual carriage way in it

I had a 38 tooth rear on mine for a while but found I was changing up and down between 4th and 5th a lot.

Very interested in how you find the 16 tooth sprocket, what is your RPM at 70MPH?

What neck of the woods are you from?

Return to “BIKES”