The Things We Ride
Paul-F

Re: WK400 owners thread.

Post by Paul-F »

Welcome to the WK owners club Andi :D
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Cheers guys , I just had a thought I purchased a left hand controller a while ago for the DR but never fitted that may be ideal I shall have to dig it out and check the connections. :D

Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Andi_Archer wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:02 am Arrived safely thanks Tyrant
Thanks for letting me know Andi.
Had many happy miles on him.
Won't sign off from the WK thread just yet
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
Paul-F

Post by Paul-F »

Hey Andi are you within spitting distance of the west/south west?

The WK Owner's Club (i.e. me and Netsonic, his brother is an honorary member due to proximity) met up near Winchester last time. Wondering if we can get three WKs within the same geographical coordinates. Such an unnatural event might create some strange astrological phenomena at the very least...

P.S. I think ex-owners would be allowed too Tyrant :)
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Im over in Winsford Cheshire a fair few miles from your location but stranger things have been known to happen. :lol: :D
Paul-F

Just when things were going so well...

Post by Paul-F »

I've done a few minor fettles lately:

I've put on the new front brake pads from CMPO recommended earlier in this thread, they seem good to me, a little stronger perhaps than the originals. Also put titanium bolts in to attach the calliper to the fork leg after both the original bolts fell out while I was riding and the calliper was floating about in the breeze :)

Fitted the new double take mirrors https://www.adventure-spec.com/default/ ... 13344.html from Adventure Spec, as Recommended by Paul G - thanks Paul, they're perfect! The design is ingenious.

Here's a close up of the ram mount fitting. You can see in this pic where the original mirror snapped off from its mount:

I get a little bit of vibration wobble in the right one at about 4k revs an in the left at about 5k - no idea why they should be different. It's not a big deal though and I think they're great.

Also fitted the same hand guards as Netsonic has - so much better than the wobbly items it comes with:

Only thing is they butt up against the fairing before the bars are round far enough to get to the steering lock. Can't say it's been a problem but I might move them up a little to see if that sorts it out:

Did the filler cap mod as recommended by Norton earlier in the thread (although a bit less neatly):

And fixed my neutral light where the wire had come away from the switch by the gear lever - not a show stopper but it was a bit annoying not being able to start her without the clutch in.

Things were going quite nicely till I decided to check the inspection screw on the left side of the crank case, it had been leaking a bit of oil for a while.

There's a rubber 0 ring in there too that seemed a bit bigger than it needed to be and loose but I thought I'd put the screw back on for now, was just tightening it up and...SNAP! The head came clean off the screw. Dim memory of Netsonic telling me to be careful with it began to surface...

I've put it some of the way back in for now, without the head and sent off emails to CMPO and Quadzilla to see if I can get a replacement, not hopeful though.

Wondering if I might be able to put it back together with chemical metal, anyone know if it will be strong enough? the screw obviously doesn't need to be tightened much, it felt to me like I put hardly any pressure on it at all and it went. You could never accuse me of having an overabundance of mechanical sympathy though.

Here it is with the head snapped off, back in place just a couple of turns

Paul-F

Post by Paul-F »

Andi_Archer wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:49 pm Im over in Winsford Cheshire a fair few miles from your location but stranger things have been known to happen. :lol: :D
oh yeah that is a bit of a step. Wales is equidistant for us tho...I spotted on an old thread that you'd been over to Sweet Lamb with Moly - I was just over there on the WK and had a complete blast, am going back on the 20th for a one-to-one day with him - assuming I can fix the above problem in time anyway!
Paul-F

Post by Paul-F »

I got this from Luke at Quadzilla the other week, complete parts with part numbers in an excel spreadsheet - although I think very little of this will be off the shelf:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7oolvgf4h7p8 ... s.xls?dl=0
netsonic

Post by netsonic »

HI Paul, there is a chance that a Honda xr400 plug will fit, this company local to me may have one
J

https://www.wemoto.com/bikes/honda/xr_4 ... n_cap_14mm

Just thought this may be the larger of the two which is not the one that broke !
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Paul-F wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:28 pm
Andi_Archer wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:49 pm Im over in Winsford Cheshire a fair few miles from your location but stranger things have been known to happen. :lol: :D
oh yeah that is a bit of a step. Wales is equidistant for us tho...I spotted on an old thread that you'd been over to Sweet Lamb with Moly - I was just over there on the WK and had a complete blast, am going back on the 20th for a one-to-one day with him - assuming I can fix the above problem in time anyway!
Yes I did the Silver level at the end of last month ,great fun it was too.Im looking at going again end of this month if all works out.
Thanks for the parts list :D

Return to “BIKES”