CRF250 L thread

The Things We Ride
Arthur Pint Motor

Re: CRF250 L thread

Post by Arthur Pint Motor »

robson wrote:better spend money for good tyres and learn how to ride. Once you at the bike limits change the bike. Having said that I wish cfr250l had progressive front spring because you have to be careful while riding downhill into berms too fast...Flying over the bars is not nice.
So were you going faster, harder and higher than the guy in your vid when you had your little trip OTB?

If not then by your own logic you need to "learn how to ride" and "trough it and carry on" :)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

minkyhead wrote:.
robson

Post by robson »

Arthur Pint Motor wrote: If not then by your own logic you need to "learn how to ride" and "trough it and carry on" :)
we all have to, don't you?
Arthur Pint Motor

Post by Arthur Pint Motor »

robson wrote:
Arthur Pint Motor wrote: If not then by your own logic you need to "learn how to ride" and "trough it and carry on" :)
we all have to, don't you?
Indeed, yes!

Overall is doesn't matter how good or bad any individual is as long as it's enjoyable. We all like to upgrade our toys - seems to be a bloke thing. And if it makes it a bit more enjoyable then what's not to like?

FWIW, my KLX is totaly standard (except £17 on a pair of folding levers). I even run standrd 50/50 tyres. If there were 100s of miles of singletrack to ride nearby, I would be heading for the Beta dealer to take home an X-trainer this afternoon!
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

well its all about the ride, I ride a wr 250 x off road and its ok not as good a ktm 200 . the trail bikes give it a go but you have to work harder to put a faster pace . still make me smile when I do keep up and pisses them off .I have ridden crf 250l it just a little slower and porky even to a wr . might i say just slow down and enjoy, beta x trainer looks good but they all seem to sell them quite soon after purchase. had a go on beta 300 enduro and was fast and easy to ride ,but with a red mist at race pace would be a trip to a&e !!
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

If buying a £600 shock and blowing another £200 messing with my forks makes me believe I've improved it and makes me feel better when I'm riding it I really don't care what other people believe.

I'm crap off road and don't care because off road bikes are just boys toys but I know that spending £1800 on a set of magnesium Dymags took over a second a lap off my times at Snetterton then I sold them for £1500 about 5 years later so it was money well spent (thumbs)
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

we should have a 250 trail bike shoot out see if we can better the enduro bikes ! see what the real test is with a load of old numpty riders. get the toys out over christmas?
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

halfpint wrote:we should have a 250 trail bike shoot out see if we can better the enduro bikes ! see what the real test is with a load of old numpty riders. get the toys out over christmas?
Pick the right place, put a 15mph max speed and I'll beat a few on my electric mountain bike :laugh:
micksea

Post by micksea »

you two are practically neighbours anyway....ill provide the "youth on an enduro bike" element.give you something to live up to :evil:
cowling

Post by cowling »

halfpint wrote:we should have a 250 trail bike shoot out see if we can better the enduro bikes ! see what the real test is with a load of old numpty riders. get the toys out over christmas?
Loving the sound of that, let's do it, it'll have to be fair terrain , any 250 will do, or any bike for that matter,point to point timed, or 1 on 1 and the winner goes thru. Even feet down penalties, I love a bit competition.

My crf250l is now back in one piece, so I'm ready to compete. ;)

Return to “BIKES”