CRF250 L thread

The Things We Ride
garyboy

Re: CRF250 L thread

Post by garyboy »

Last edited by garyboy on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Xmas is coming too fast....get your bank card out and get ordering stuff.... you know you want to.

:lol:
Will It Buff Out?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

maxed out my overdraft, WIBO :cry: hah :D

the spirit is willing, but the bank is not :D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Last edited by garyboy on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Zookman wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 8:53 pm Been thinking about buying one of these CRF250 bikes as a second bike.
Road tested the Rally version a couple of times and also the standard L. I really liked each of them, but i think i prefer the simplicity and lack of bodywork on the standard L.

Anyway, as my Tracer 900 was write off totalled by a feckwit coach driver today when he reversed into me.... i'm gonna try and get a deal on a new CRF250 this week.
Will probably be buying another Tracer when insurance coughs up.
I've been so impressed with the CRF's - and their owners! -that have ridden the HISS events over the last few years that I'm this king seriously about getting one. I like the idea of a screen as on the rally version but does it a) seem sturdy enough for serious riding - in my case seriously lying down, lots ... :lol: b) what other stuff comes with the rally version and c) is all this worth the extra dosh?

Ta

Simon

PS and d) where can I find a brilliant deal like Will had? :)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
WillS

Post by WillS »

The Spanish Biker wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:09 am
Zookman wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 8:53 pm Been thinking about buying one of these CRF250 bikes as a second bike.
Road tested the Rally version a couple of times and also the standard L. I really liked each of them, but i think i prefer the simplicity and lack of bodywork on the standard L.

Anyway, as my Tracer 900 was write off totalled by a feckwit coach driver today when he reversed into me.... i'm gonna try and get a deal on a new CRF250 this week.
I've been so impressed with the CRF's - and their owners! -that have ridden the HISS events over the last few years that I'm this king seriously about getting one. I like the idea of a screen as on the rally version but does it a) seem sturdy enough for serious riding - in my case seriously lying down, lots ... :lol: b) what other stuff comes with the rally version and c) is all this worth the extra dosh?

Ta

Simon

You should have said Simon!! No problem to take it out on a test ride.
As you can see on the video it goes very well along those Spanish trails.
Even Phil was impressed with the little CRF when he had a go.
You can fit a screen for a few €€ but I decided against it and it's ok without on the road.
Great little bike and lots of fun, for very little €€ fuel...
Yes, think I got a good bargain :D
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

WillS wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:28 am

Ta

Simon

You should have said Simon!! No problem to take it out on a test ride.
As you can see on the video it goes very well along those Spanish trails.
Even Phil was impressed with the little CRF when he had a go.
You can fit a screen for a few €€ but I decided against it and it's ok without on the road.
Great little bike and lots of fun, for very little €€ fuel...
Yes, think I got a good bargain :D
You certainly did Will!!! BTW or does the kanji cope with towing the trailer?

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
WillS

Post by WillS »

With two bikes and fully loaded, didn't even know it was there, even climbing over the Pyrenees. Just a steady 110/120 down the A-23 No problem, even in those side winds on Sunday.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Ta

Simon

I bought the standard L model.... the only thing i would have liked from the Rally is the bigger tank, but its only 2.3 ltrs more so no big deal to me. Especially as this bike gets 80/90 mpg.
The new L has the same power, engine and exhaust improvements as the Rally. Also the newer display.
Dont need a screen on a bike this low powered and haven't felt i wanted or needed one since having the bike. The headlight cowling does keep some wind off my chest and without a screen there is zero buffeting, which i did experience test riding the Rally.
Didn't want a lot of the bodywork on the Rally, especially the big toolbox sidecase, which is the opposite of a Tardis, big on the outside but fk all room inside. Would have removed all this stuff, so why pay extra for it.
The LED headlights are obviously better on the Rally, but i hated the asymmetrical gas mask look of them..... and i hate to think what they would cost to replace if you break em offroad. Although i dont do any serious offroad, i just bought it as a fun bike to use as a second bike and i've not been disappointed in it at all. I really enjoy riding it as a total contrast to my main bike.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Last edited by garyboy on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “BIKES”