CRF250 L thread

The Things We Ride
nicktunstill

Re: CRF250 L thread

Post by nicktunstill »

I want to change the indicators on my CRF but not very good with electrics! Aftermarket indicators come with two wires and bullet connectors and originals have three wires and a push in connection. Any ideas where I can get more info on how to do this? Cheers Nick
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

try CRF250L owners club
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

well .. after 2 years of fabulous ownership, I finally sold the CRF250L .. or rather put it in part exchange for a ktm battery assist mtb.

I eventually realised it was just too heavy for the more serious trails I was starting to do, and, for a person of average (or less) height, just too tall. .. well for an oap anyway.

it is good as a road bike with road tyres on, tho lower speeds .. and great as a general purpose 50/50 road/trail bike.

but the trails I was doing were 80 miles away, in mid wales, and, with rather aggressive knobblies on it was becoming a gruelling hardship. .. keeping it below 50mph, in a wobbldy sort of way.

I bought the bike with these distances in mind .. but found myself looking at vans and lighter bikes.
so guess that was telling me something.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

You'll be back Gary, pedals will never replace an engine ;)
one-legged adventurer
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

boboneleg wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:25 pm You'll be back Gary, pedals will never replace an engine ;)
Thats what the horseman said to the traction engine...
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

boboneleg wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:25 pm You'll be back Gary, pedals will never replace an engine ;)
you are probably right, Bob.
I am still looking at vans :lol: 8-) and quite fancy a small ..ktm? :o :lol: 8-)
something sub-100kg and 4t.
but can't afford it this year, for sure.

but at the mo I can take the Emtb on the back of my cheap little Fiesta
(in theory anyway.. but must finish daughter's decking first :roll: )

must admit I thought the Assist would be stronger on the Emtb,
but perhaps it needs recharging a few times, as mentioned?
not used it much at all as too busy (and knackered)
Last edited by garyboy on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Tramp wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:24 am
Thats what the horseman said to the traction engine...

incredible creatures, horses .. but (sadly) abandoned (mainly) as soon as a better mode of transport came along.
that's progress, it seems.
at least dogs became house pets when their use as hunting companions ceased/declined.
(horses are a bit big for the sofa, apparently)

and yes, electric vehicles are superseding fossil-oil fuelled vehicles
.. its the way to go, it seems

even though that electricity is produced by fossil energy .. but increasingly by renewable resources .. which all have their own pollution effect, anyway. (even `wind` produces noise and a visual and access thing)

but, like the turbines, the world will keep on turning and so will humans' "needs"
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Nick,

Sorry I am not familiar with your bike but perhaps I could still help however first I need to know some things about your bike.

Do you;
have any photos of the parts, standard and after market?
colour code of the wires?
have a wiring diagram for the bike?
is there a four way emergency flasher system, if so perhaps one lead could be the earth; one is turn signal feed and the other might be a feed from a 4 way flasher unit?
have a fused test light rig?

TTFN

Hugh.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

nicktunstill wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:37 am I want to change the indicators on my CRF but not very good with electrics! Aftermarket indicators come with two wires and bullet connectors and originals have three wires and a push in connection. Any ideas where I can get more info on how to do this? Cheers Nick

find the common wire to all four indicators ..that will be the earth ... the other wires will be from the indicator relay {live } .. hook the black wire to the common wire and see which of the others does what by attachin the red wire to them ..worst case you blow a fuse ? well not you but the bike ..teb quid gets you a volt meter so then worse case will be a minus 12.5v indicaterd

pre 17 crfs only have two wires and green is the earth

if your planning led you will need inline resistors or a low voltage indicator relay ...keep it simple and use bulbed indicatore
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

minkyhead wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:27 am
nicktunstill wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:37 am I want to change the indicators on my CRF but not very good with electrics! Aftermarket indicators come with two wires and bullet connectors and originals have three wires and a push in connection. Any ideas where I can get more info on how to do this? Cheers Nick

find the common wire to all four indicators ..that will be the earth ... the other wires will be from the indicator relay {live } .. hook the black wire to the common wire and see which of the others does what by attachin the red wire to them ..worst case you blow a fuse ? well not you but the bike ..teb quid gets you a volt meter so then worse case will be a minus 12.5v indicaterd

pre 17 crfs only have two wires and green is the earth

if your planning led you will need inline resistors or a low voltage indicator relay ...keep it simple and use bulbed indicatore
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “BIKES”