CRF250 L thread

The Things We Ride
garyboy

Re: CRF250 L thread

Post by garyboy »

minkyhead wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:57 pm .. i change the engines before the filters ish :mrgreen:
:D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

minkyhead wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:57 pm yes better to have a honda o/e in if you have a claim
I suppose that would need to be got from a Honda bike dealer ? :?:

EDIT .... I see ebay has some
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw= ... oil+filter

and .. (seems good?) ..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CRF250- ... SwxvBZm0sV
hornet

Post by hornet »

I've used Hi Flo on my drz from new but had no warranty so wasn't going to pay more than I had too. But as the Honda has two years warranty I'm going to use originals until it runs out probably only be two services 1st and 2nd within that time.

Good to know that the seal doesn't need changing each time as its the same cost as the filter.

Mike
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I have been wondering how the 250 Rally compares with the base crf250L,
and this vid gives a good comparison .. but only road!!

.. I thought this was a good (rally) review too .. not much trail, but it gives you the idea ..

... ^^ if you got the `L` and would like to see how the Rally is
Last edited by garyboy on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

not bad review .. if you haven't (yet) got the `L`, or have only just bought one ..

Last edited by garyboy on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Check this out for a birthday present!

Cheers Dad :)
IMG_20171216_114516.jpg
IMG_20171216_114516.jpg (122.55 KiB) Viewed 2914 times
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
hornet

Post by hornet »

Now as I've posted before I can see this bike has some obvious floors /shortcomings but they can be rectified so game on or at least I thought so :evil:

My bike is a 17 plate and all I've tried to do is the same changes others have done and so far I've had a total nightmare with this bike,

rear axle nut came off in my hand when I adjusted the chain that was pissed it really was about to vibrate off
My rear spring lock nuts had been soldered together so had to take it out completely to move it.
handlebars and risers that I can't fit because the cables are to short not seen anyone else changing them even with pro taper high bend and 2" risers
Handgaurds absolutely wont fit standard acerbic rally
sprocket cover wont fit
bashplate had to be modified to fit Nobody else has had to do this
tyres that wont fit the rims even though I've ordered the right sizes
rimlocks that don't fit
And now heated grips that in no way on god's green earth are going to fit absolutely nowhere to run the cables. Even though others have got them fitted.

Never had a bike like it. Its unlike anyone elses I've had some bikes that have resisted change, but I've always managed This post sounds like an awful whine but I felt it only right to tell the truth that some bikes really are a massive pain perhaps its just my 17 as there have been some changes but then plenty of rally editions out there that seem just fine and dandy

If my garage was broken into tonight I'd help them load it on the van and wave them goodbye

Mike

crf ownership is not all good fun
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

oW dear !! :cry:

ps ... once its all sorted .. they are a great bike, easy to ride, great fun, and very trouble-free (fingers crossed) 8-)
Last edited by garyboy on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

hornet wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:11 pm Now as I've posted before I can see this bike has some obvious floors /shortcomings but they can be rectified so game on or at least I thought so :evil:

My bike is a 17 plate and all I've tried to do is the same changes others have done and so far I've had a total nightmare with this bike,

rear axle nut came off in my hand when I adjusted the chain that was pissed it really was about to vibrate off
My rear spring lock nuts had been soldered together so had to take it out completely to move it.
handlebars and risers that I can't fit because the cables are to short not seen anyone else changing them even with pro taper high bend and 2" risers
Handgaurds absolutely wont fit standard acerbic rally
sprocket cover wont fit
bashplate had to be modified to fit Nobody else has had to do this
tyres that wont fit the rims even though I've ordered the right sizes
rimlocks that don't fit
And now heated grips that in no way on god's green earth are going to fit absolutely nowhere to run the cables. Even though others have got them fitted.

Never had a bike like it. Its unlike anyone elses I've had some bikes that have resisted change, but I've always managed This post sounds like an awful whine but I felt it only right to tell the truth that some bikes really are a massive pain perhaps its just my 17 as there have been some changes but then plenty of rally editions out there that seem just fine and dandy

If my garage was broken into tonight I'd help them load it on the van and wave them goodbye

Mike

crf ownership is not all good fun
oops

rear axle nut ...got to be down to pdi ??

whats the problem with the handguards ..ends or span ?

do you have the adjustable risers or straight ?

what tyres have you got in what size

what heated grips have you and why wont they fit ...is it the throttle thats the problem with them ?

merry xmas
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
hornet

Post by hornet »

Yup pdi was absolutely not up to scratch challenged dealer his response was appalling lings at Harleston tyres were set at 36 in the front 10 in the rear ???? chain slack was huge and one side was fully out, all done on the other side.

handguards, its the throttle cables just no way of avoiding them no matter where I angle them.

Bought the rox risers that angle forward no good I've unclipped brake pipe to abs and ties. All the cables are at there absolute limit as standard cant see anyway to add length.

ac10s 120's for the rear wont fit too big not even close lots of yanks using them on same bike ?

oxford hot grips. Just nowhere to route the wires and connector blocks back to the battery

I just don't understand I see lots of others using all these items happily I'm not a proper spanner but geez I re built my drz and an xt225 and an rsvr so I'm no novice either done all my own maintenance for the last 10 years

Mike

Return to “BIKES”