GP450.......It's mine !!!!!!!

The Things We Ride
The Sarge

GP450.......It's mine !!!!!!!

Post by The Sarge »

Well, after a 2 week wait I finally did the deal and traded the big 990 katoom in for the CCM GP450. The ride back from Manchester to Swansea, through North and Mid Wales gave me plenty of time to get a feel for the new bike and having just ridden there on the 990 a better comparison between old and new. It is light, very light feels like riding my old 250EXC-F but a lot more comfortable and a lot more grunt. I know there has been much discussed about low speed fueling but compared to the 990 with similar issues, I didn't find it a problem at all. It pulls really well from low down, and a good twist of the throttle brings an instant smile to the face up to 75mph. I didn't go over that, just happy bimbling along around 65 until I got on the road from Builth to Brecon via Lower Chapel, the bike really came into its own, very agile with plenty of stomp in and out of corners, and with the dips and rises in the road I was grinning all the way there. Need to change the boots over for Devon next week as I am not sure the Heidenau K60's will be much good on Dartmoor, any way a week to fettle, farkle until its how I want it (thumbs) (thumbs)

Sarge
Tramp

Re: GP450.......It's mine !!!!!!!

Post by Tramp »

Well....as a direct comparison to the ccm644 how did it punch out them corners....?and how did the vibes feel...see someone posted on adv about new power plug upgrade...sounds interesting....
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

congrats and enjoy Sarge

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
videoman

Post by videoman »

Enjoy your new bike as I have been considering buying one as well. Be interested how it sort of compares with your 990 but I know they are two completely different bikes as I was looking at one of them as well a few days ago.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Congrats and enjoy ....I am really envious now, I have to wait until the end of the month for mine :evil:
nethen1

Post by nethen1 »

Ace ! And Very jealous (thumbs)
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

Sounds like you've had a good day Sarge, Enjoy your new steed, I don't think you'll be disappointed . Wait until you've got the suspension fettled then you'll see how good it is (thumbs) Enjoy
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Tramp wrote:Well....as a direct comparison to the ccm644 how did it punch out them corners....?and how did the vibes feel...see someone posted on adv about new power plug upgrade...sounds interesting....
Russ, they are two very different bikes, don't get me wrong I love the torque you get winding the 644 up but this is just so agile and light so the 40hp coupled with 126kg weight makes for a great combo. Vibes wise, my GP has only metal foot rests like my 644 and I didn't find it a problem, my 990 used to buzz around 6000rpm anyway. What makes this viable for me is the power to weight plain and simple. Over the next week before Devon I will put it through its paces, a tyre change is a must and there are a few other mods to do and adjustment to the suspension but honestly, I could ride this bike as it (thumbs)

Sarge

PS are you on the Devon weekend, if so you can try it out ?
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Sarge,

A low speed fuelling re-map for £300 as an optional extra. Worth it or not?
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

PaulinBont wrote:Sarge,

A low speed fuelling re-map for £300 as an optional extra. Worth it or not?
Paul, it's a bit more than that, £463 I was quoted by CCM, but it may be £300 on a new bike?? Truth is I am not the person to answer, Whippet, Minky and a few others have been riding GP's since they first came out. It's supposed to sort out the alleged fueling issue at low revs and offer around 30% more power if you also pay the extra £500 to have the can exhaust changed. I am going to run as stock for a few months and then make a decision.

It would be good to hook up when you get yours though, you must be nearby ?

Sarge

Return to “BIKES”