Yamaha MT09

The Things We Ride
SteveW

Re: Yamaha MT09

Post by SteveW »

threepot wrote:You mean 'stronger' than the 800 engine in the Tiger? Good comparison ;)
I had an XC800 Triumph Tiger, the engine is a sweet thing. Nice and refined with decent torque and a bit of a rush at the top end.
The MT09 is much more powerful everywhere. I've not had the need to spin it up past about 8000rpm, it's got bags of torque so it's plenty rapid enough for me just short shifting.
It's a stumpy little stunt bike.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

threepot wrote:You mean 'stronger' than the 800 engine in the Tiger? Good comparison ;)
Not as strong as my 12 year old 955cc engine though! ;)
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Scott_rider wrote:I haven't ridden any of the MT range but having sat on them at length :blush: my own opinion is that the MT07 Tracer is more comfy than the MT09 Tracer. As for the MT10, then they don't do a Tracer version but that's the one that get's my vote (158bhp) (thumbs) .
I thought the MT07 was too small physically.
My Street-thingy MT09 has a better (bigger) seat.
The MT10 is a great value loony-tunes naked bike.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

sprintster wrote:
It is a few years since I had a 955cc, but I'd say the MT09 shoves a fair bit harder....may be the bike's short wheelbase and light weight combine to give that impression?
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

SteveW wrote:
sprintster wrote:
It is a few years since I had a 955cc, but I'd say the MT09 shoves a fair bit harder....may be the bike's short wheelbase and light weight combine to give that impression?
What kind of 955 did you have,Steve? I've already said in a different thread a few days ago that I don't want to try a Tracer 900 in case I find out my bike is actually crap in comparison :laugh: I think the nearest comparison to an MT-09 would be a Speed Triple and not a sports tourer or smaller capacity adventure bike though.Enjoy your new bike though. (thumbs)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

suspension speak to Revs racing at Halesowen mate they will look after you and for cheaper than your £1200 quote I suspect (thumbs)

they have done a great job on my 955 and the 350 (thumbs)

enjoy your new bike

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

sprintster wrote:
SteveW wrote:
sprintster wrote:
What kind of 955 did you have,Steve? I've already said in a different thread a few days ago that I don't want to try a Tracer 900 in case I find out my bike is actually crap in comparison :laugh: I think the nearest comparison to an MT-09 would be a Speed Triple and not a sports tourer or smaller capacity adventure bike though.Enjoy your new bike though. (thumbs)
I had the 995 Tiger. Don't try the Tracer unless you're prepared to part with your bike!
Thanks Spud.
I'm not a road-race God and the suspension is set up as good as it can be for me, so I'll probably just ride it as it is and think of somthing else to waste my cash on, rather than flashy suspenders.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

The MT09 is physically a bigger bike than the MT10. The measurements dont lie, nor do my cramped knees.

Why do the manufacturers make such bloody small machines??
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Mike54 wrote:The MT09 is physically a bigger bike than the MT10. The measurements dont lie, nor do my cramped knees.

Maybe they don't know about men as mighty and manly as you Mike?
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

OnHellas wrote:
Mike54 wrote:The MT09 is physically a bigger bike than the MT10. The measurements dont lie, nor do my cramped knees.

Maybe they don't know about men as mighty and manly as you Mike?
You're pretty mighty and manly yourself, Paul ;)

Return to “BIKES”