Super Tenere

The Things We Ride
Loggy

Re: Super Tenere

Post by Loggy »

I bought mine back in May. Absolutely cracking bike. I find the seat a bit uncomfortable and mine has the touring screen which I don't like. The standard screen I found to be better after riding a mates. As mentioned the engine takes some getting used to. It sounds like a bucket of nails bouncing around the back of someones van.

Power is good and in Sports mode is noticeably different. Getting around 54mpg out of mine but anything over 70mph and it starts to go South. The worst thing for me is the bar position. I find it too low and forward. I'd like some bar risers to raise the height so I'm sat more upright. Only done around 900 miles on mine since I've had it.

MODS I want are engine bars, ally bash plate, winglets, standard screen, hugger and fender extender, spots and panniers and top box. I'm running Tourance Next on mine and these seem a good tyre. Dealer fitted so no choice, so will see how long they last. Spokes seem okay at the moment. I got mine second hand with 2 year warranty, hopefully I wont need it....
IMG_2507_2016-08-16.JPG
IMG_2507_2016-08-16.JPG (65.11 KiB) Viewed 3298 times
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
herman

Post by herman »

With you on the screen loggy but a mra? spoiler thingy made a world of difference- 70mph with visor up difference. I have risers to fit on mine this winter as standing up its even worse. You can mess around with the seat angle which helps a bit. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

herman wrote:With you on the screen loggy but a mra? spoiler thingy made a world of difference- 70mph with visor up difference. I have risers to fit on mine this winter as standing up its even worse. You can mess around with the seat angle which helps a bit. B)
Not sure if my touring screen is an MRA Herman? It's got Super Tenere on it, but couldn't tell you if it's a Yamaha one or not... The standard screen seems more upright and deflects the air higher. A spoiler would make it spot on.

I didn't know you can adjust the angle, just HI or LOW. Please divulge??? :whistle: ;)

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Loggy a few people find that the seat on the S10 slopes slightly forward which can be uncomfortable so if you replace the four rubbers at the rear of the seat with shorter rubbers the seat tilts back when you sit on it, the seat can be tilted backwards and forwards slightly when you are off the bike but this doesn`t bother me.
The part numbers for the shorter rubbers are as in the picture (thumbs)
CIMG09812.jpg
CIMG09812.jpg (67.28 KiB) Viewed 3298 times
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

Nigel wrote:Loggy a few people find that the seat on the S10 slopes slightly forward which can be uncomfortable so if you replace the four rubbers at the rear of the seat with shorter rubbers the seat tilts back when you sit on it, the seat can be tilted backwards and forwards slightly when you are off the bike but this doesn`t bother me.
CIMG09812.jpg

Nice one thanks for that Nigel. That's exactly the problem, you feel like the seat tilts forward... I will order those rubbers. Thanks again!! (thumbs)

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

V2orV4

Post by V2orV4 »

Nigel wrote:Loggy a few people find that the seat on the S10 slopes slightly forward which can be uncomfortable so if you replace the four rubbers at the rear of the seat with shorter rubbers the seat tilts back when you sit on it, the seat can be tilted backwards and forwards slightly when you are off the bike but this doesn`t bother me.
CIMG09812.jpg
To save time and a few quid, could you just cut down the rubbers a bit and experiment for the best position?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

The rubbers aren't solid so if you cut them I think they would fall apart and it's not that expensive for new ones worth every penny to be honest, before the mod I was always shuffling back up the seat.
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

I bought a 2016 bike 4 months back and I love it, took some deciding on which bike to buy, I didn't like the Explorer as you seem to sit in it not on it. The best bit of advice I can give is try and get a long test ride, anyone that has one of these bikes will tell you the more you ride them the better they get, they can feel a bit meh! when you first ride them but they really do grow on you. The engine is noisy but you get used to it, I had a bit of buffeting but it was more wind noise than head shaking, a £30 screen extension fixed it. I only use a Givi top box but having tried OEM luggage the locks are very poor, many take at least one spare key if they go on tour as you can snap the key in the lock. Take one for a spin, you'll love it!
herman

Post by herman »

The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I love the sound of the engine but then I love twins and I wear earplugs ;) the only thing is because of the side mounted rad in traffic the fan often kicks in and it's like an air raid siren going off

Return to “BIKES”