New MT07 Tracer

The Things We Ride
Gedge

New MT07 Tracer

Post by Gedge »

Had a test ride this morning on the new MT07 Tracer...thoroughly enjoyed it,...just the right balance between power , performance and economy ..

It has the same engine as my xsr700 so no real surprises, and many other components are shared...bike weighs 190kgs which for a middleweight twin is reasonable I think..not too high but still has more seat to peg space that the MT07/ XSR so it's going to be better for longer distances ..easy 60+ mpg , 72bhp and a nice tractable motor ...suspension is budget but for the price a spring change is affordable if you are fussy about the ride...

Bike has no off road pretensions...but will be a great long distance tourer ( 1 up at least) ..I'm sure it's light enough and clear enough to manage gravel tracks and maybe a future X version might come with bigger spoked wheels and sump guard ( I can hope) ..for anyone looking for something in the Versys, weeStrom field, this has got to be a contender and at under £6500 OTR is a bit of a bargain ...

Definitely one to try ....
Sleepy

Re: New MT07 Tracer

Post by Sleepy »

It gets a good write up in the latest Mag, not a bad looking bike either.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

It's not 'stand out from the crowd' good looking but certainly not ugly ...got a long list of extras you can buy including luggage and engine bars, comfort seat etc .....most are reasonably priced but the hard luggage is ridiculously expensive but I'm sure plenty of other options will become available .....
robson

Post by robson »

MT07 is supposed to be base for new xt660z, wonder if this is a good choice.
Will test it next week if it has enough torque.
steve_h80

Post by steve_h80 »

Looks a bit TDM ish... which is a good thing.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

robson wrote:MT07 is supposed to be base for new xt660z, wonder if this is a good choice.
Will test it next week if it has enough torque.

It's a reasonably torquey twin , 72bhp so powerful enough to carry 2 ...I don't think it will struggle in most Tarmac conditions ...
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

steve_h80 wrote:Looks a bit TDM ish... which is a good thing.
It's a fair bit lighter than the TDM but I suppose it's basically the same concept of middle sized twin...I reckon it could be a good commuter assuming the build quality is up to winter riding ...
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

My Wife's just bought a standard MT07 as her first 'big' bike and we both love it. So easy to ride, so light and flickable. It won't appeal to the bhp chasers but you can have some real fun without constantly watching for the next camera van.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ummm on paper the weight is same as tdm900....
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Tramp wrote:Ummm on paper the weight is same as tdm900....
That's the wet weight...TDM is 223 kgs wet ....

Return to “BIKES”