One for all you scooter fans - come on I know you're out there!

The Things We Ride
Simon_100

One for all you scooter fans - come on I know you're out there!

Post by Simon_100 »

I saw this yesterday in my village in he Pyrenees. It had a very old Barcelona number plate so I guess it's original from here.

I've never seen anythi g like it so checked it up - a Hienkel 'Tourist' I'm not a great fan of scoots but ... (thumbs)

Here's a 'brown study':

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Brads

Re: One for all you scooter fans - come on I know you're out there!

Post by Brads »

Pretty common scooter in its day and still a thriving owners club.

We had a few dozen round our way this summer. Germans on tour.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Very Dan Dare......I'd say a very collectable scooter. I've seen similar ones.
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

they are expensive over here now seen a few advertised £3000+
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I was chatting with a guy last night who owns a Vespa of some description and it goes for an mot every year then he takes it in his van to half a dozen rallies every year but doesn't go on ride outs because he hasn't got a bike license :pinch:

He spent a fortune on having a professional restoration job done on it but his wife doesn't want him riding a bike of any description so it's never been ridden since being restored. I desperately wanted to tell him to grow a pair before it was too late but he genuinely seemed happy with the situation, the scooter is appreciating in value and he gets to show it off at rallies. I'd bet my house on the fact that his parents wouldn't let him have a scooter when he was 17 and he didn't rebel against them either :laugh:
interceptor

Post by interceptor »

I'd love a Heinkel Tourist - they were a popular 'Adventure Bike' in their day. Here's my scoot, a 1965 Lambretta Cento which I use on sunny Sundays to get the paper.

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

interceptor wrote:I'd love a Heinkel Tourist - they were a popular 'Adventure Bike' in their day. Here's my scoot, a 1965 Lambretta Cento which I use on sunny Sundays to get the paper.

Very nice. City scoots are big business here naturally enough and you see the 650's on Spanish blokes' ride outs with 'real' bikes most sundays - I've been on one or two with scoots in attendance and by cricky they go!!!

Meanwhile on the same day as I was driving into town two old models - handlebars apart form the bodywork if you see what i mean - with soft panniers attached, presumable touring the Pyrenees ... (thumbs)

One fine day I'll get something to restore, current wish list is a Honda 400 four, Yamaha Virago, Montesa Impala or similar ... but maybe a Lambretta or even a bubble car :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Now that would be seriously cool. An Isetta or Messerschmitt with chunky tyres and a well tweeked motor going like stink along the Pyrene mountain tracks. :woohoo:

PS, sorry the imagination gets the better of me sometimes. :unsure:
Nope, Still think it would be cool. :laugh:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=isett ... g&dpr=0.95

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=messe ... YDA#imgrc=_
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

daytona-supersport wrote:Now that would be seriously cool. An Isetta or Messerschmitt with chunky tyres and a well tweeked motor going like stink along the Pyrene mountain tracks. :woohoo:

PS, sorry the imagination gets the better of me sometimes. :unsure:
Nope, Still think it would be cool. :laugh:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=isett ... g&dpr=0.95

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=messe ... YDA#imgrc=_
Ha ha, you've guessed my vice - I spend almost all of my 'O' level physics classes making elegant 'drawings' of a Triumph powered Messesmitd three wheeler while my mates concentrated more of ladies naughty bits - we were at a boys school - they all got detentions for their misdeeds but all I ever got was a sad looking shaking of the head from 'Sir' (thumbs)

Regs

Simon

PS, how about a Bond bug with a roll bar instead of that silly roof/door and, say, a tuned up ally engine from a Hillman Imp ... :whistle:

[url=http://]https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bond+bug&biw=1438&bih=708&tbm=isch&oq=bond+bug&gs_l=img.3..0l9j0i67.10601.13776.0.14240.8.8.0.0.0.0.196.1157.0j8.8.0[/url]

Return to “BIKES”