Multi bike insurance

The Things We Ride
Trev

Multi bike insurance

Post by Trev »

Just had my renewal through from Carole Nash and up from £300 (I had to negotiate it down from £335) last year to £393 for 2016/17. Anyone have any recommendations for a multi bike insurer that would be worth me contacting?

Last year I tried as few but came up against limit on bikes (I have six I would like to insure), some didn't want to mix 'classic' (anything not brand new and shiny apparently) and modern and others were just ridiculously expensive. I don't think the CN price is too bad and breakdown cover is 'nice to have' so I'm sort of thinking my best option is to just negotiate best price and stick with them, any suggestions appreciated, thanks.
V2orV4

Re: Multi bike insurance

Post by V2orV4 »

That's an increase of about 30%. If nothing's changed that's just so wrong, but unfortunately so typical. Check the excesses too. I checked comparison sites, found CN offering £100 excess instead of £350 which they originally quoted.

I find it can take a couple of phone calls to get someone who is knowledgable and willing to find you a decent deal.

First bloke wouldn't budge, but a nice lady actually listened and sorted it.

It's difficult sometimes to keep calm with brokers, but it usually pays off, just do a bit of research first.
kito

Post by kito »

I'm with wicked quotes. They was cheap and the is no limit on time in EU country's
threepot

Post by threepot »

I'm in the process of renewing my policy with CN. The price seems about the same as last year,but the APR for monthly payments seems to have risen to %45 !!!
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

threepot wrote:I'm in the process of renewing my policy with CN. The price seems about the same as last year,but the APR for monthly payments seems to have risen to %45 !!!
Which is down right robbers on par with pay day lenders rates and the Bank of England may well be dropping its interest rate next month
threepot

Post by threepot »

Andi_Archer wrote:
threepot wrote:I'm in the process of renewing my policy with CN. The price seems about the same as last year,but the APR for monthly payments seems to have risen to %45 !!!
Which is down right robbers on par with pay day lenders rates and the Bank of England may well be dropping its interest rate next month
Just phoned CN. They didn't seem interested in giving me a better deal,and I should contact the Finance company to discuss the APR rate??!! Time to phone around I think!
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Try CIA Insurance - I have multiple bike policy with Aviva through them, fully comp etc, was best price by miles.
bowber

Post by bowber »

I changed from Carole Nash this year as they were quoting me more for one bike than I got 2 bikes insured for with Bennetts, they kept quoting the breakdown cover etc but I didn't want that and some of the other add ons' they insist on including. Probably good rates if your wanting them anyway.

Steve
luckiegar

Post by luckiegar »

im going back to wicked quotes was with them for years even had a claim with them they were great,went to carol nash in 2014 so I could get green card for morocco , it went up last year just received my renewel for this year gone up £170.00 pounds from last year no claims no convictions , got a quote of wicked quotes , £122.00 cheaper on list of things to do Monday tell c/n were to shove wont even accept a better price of them out of prinsable robbing gets
l8ktm

Post by l8ktm »

LV gave me a very competitive quote for 3 bikes, might be worth trying.

Return to “BIKES”