Triumph 800xc

The Things We Ride
robson

Re: Triumph 800xc

Post by robson »

Billy Bananahead wrote:
robson wrote:if only for touring use, no off-road etc then I would not buy a bike with tubed wheels.
Especially for 2up. But that's me.
Why not?
isn't it obvious? convenience of fixing flats and increased safety of getting one, plus on road 19" wheels will do better.
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Maybe I've been lucky. One slow puncture on the tubed rear of the XC and which allowed me to carry on for the weekend pumping it up with a small compressor in my bag. I've since put a 19" tubeless wheel on the front.
And ridden my XS1100 all over the UK, and through Germany, Holland, Belgium and France a few times, 19" front with 16" rear, both tubed, with no problems.
As I say, maybe I've been lucky. One time I was whipping down the M3 as a courier, got a puncture in a rear tubeless and was very lucky to stay on the bike.
I suppose we've all got the stories in one form or another.
chain driven

Post by chain driven »

Yet again great response people, think I will go look at the triumph ( had one of the first triple,s 96 thunderbird great bike) had a lot of tubed wheels bikes ( again Mae age showing
chain driven

Post by chain driven »

Update,well looked at the beast :woohoo: and beast is the word I,m 6'2 and can just get on but with 3 boxes on how the hell does the small person get on behind :laugh: the second thing that is noticed is the side stand down right dangerous , so the jury is out on this one
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Presumably like any other bike - they put their left foot on the left pillion peg, push up and swing their leg over and sit down.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

Mike54 wrote:Presumably like any other bike - they put their left foot on the left pillion peg, push up and swing their leg over and sit down.
That's exactly how it's worked on all my bikes!!
What was the problem with the side stand never had a problem with my 800 roadie?
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

Ah, but if the pillion is short they can't get their leg over the panniers because they come so high against the seat. My wifes 5 foot 1 inch. Can't get on most bikes with boxes for that reason.
chain driven

Post by chain driven »

Hi, Mike what size of legs does your pillion have this beast has 3 hard boxes :) as for the side stand I tried the roadie it's total different does not have the wp suspension when you sit on it the bike sinks down so is more upright
foley

Post by foley »

Interested to hear more about the side stand. I "was pressing on" and took my favourite left hander only for something on the bike to touch down and really unsettle the bike (and me). Foot peg would have folded up?? Not sure what it was as there's no obvious marks on the centre or side stand. Needless to say that I won't be taking that on again.

Return to “BIKES”