IMAG0008.JPG
IMAG0008.JPG (93.3 KiB) Viewed 728 times
Sprockette

Re: Show us your ride....

Post by Sprockette »

James691 wrote:Lola - 1
Wood Pigeon - 0
Nasty.

Hit a pheasant with my RXS100 on the A34 last year. Blooming thing was just standing in the left-hand lane, so I moved to the right-hand one and it just seemed to run at me. Thought it best not to dodge and therefore risk crashing on the dual carriageway as I was screaming over 60mph. The stupid thing hit the left front fork between the mudguard and the light then bounced into my knee. Was very painful. And smelly.

I wouldn't mind but I'd taken the A34 at Chievely by force of habit to go to uni instead of heading home on the M4 which is what I should have been doing. Bike was fine though, gave a little wobble but was otherwise stable, might have been a different story if I'd've been leant over dodging.

The biker behind me asked if I was okay with a thumbs up as he overtook and as I pulled into layby to assess the damage a car driver pulled up to see if I was alright, which was kind.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Sprockette wrote:
Wood Pigeon - 0
Nasty.

Hit a pheasant with my RXS100 on the A34 last year. Blooming thing was just standing in the left-hand lane, so I moved to the right-hand one and it just seemed to run at me. Thought it best not to dodge and therefore risk crashing on the dual carriageway as I was screaming over 60mph. The stupid thing hit the left front fork between the mudguard and the light then bounced into my knee. Was very painful. And smelly.

I wouldn't mind but I'd taken the A34 at Chievely by force of habit to go to uni instead of heading home on the M4 which is what I should have been doing. Bike was fine though, gave a little wobble but was otherwise stable, might have been a different story if I'd've been leant over dodging.

The biker behind me asked if I was okay with a thumbs up as he overtook and as I pulled into layby to assess the damage a car driver pulled up to see if I was alright, which was kind.
How dare you, I don't know what makes you think that you are superior to the rest of us but your actions are in a word disgraceful; I have never been so outraged !
To strike an innocent is bad enough but then after the strike you have the audacity to describe your victim as smelly, did it ever occur to you while in your ivory tower that the poor sod might have been homeless, or down on their luck, then you worry more about your bike and what damage might have been inflicted upon it!
The cavalier attitude towards your victim even extended to admitting that you didn't even try and dodge them, but just decided to run them down!
What's next a points system? 10 points for poor people?
As a motorcyclist I for one am ashamed to be associated with such downright awful behaviour!!

So sorry I've just re read the post and it says pheasant not peasant.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Give Mark a one week ban, there getting worse> :pinch: :laugh: :laugh:
Paul

Post by Paul »

CRAIGREVO wrote:Give Mark a one week ban, there getting worse> :pinch: :laugh: :laugh:
I can't wait for the boil rally, leg and wing into the river might be in order! sorry Mark, Merry Xmas. :laugh:
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Paul wrote:
CRAIGREVO wrote:Give Mark a one week ban, there getting worse> :pinch: :laugh: :laugh:
I can't wait for the boil rally, leg and wing into the river might be in order! sorry Mark, Merry Xmas. :laugh:
Sir I'll have you know that my posts are Leg end ary!

Craig I'd make it a two week ban for this one. :woohoo:
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
backofbeyond

Post by backofbeyond »

Sprockette wrote:
Wood Pigeon - 0
it just seemed to run at me. Thought it best not to dodge and therefore risk crashing on the dual carriageway as I was screaming over 60mph. The stupid thing hit the left front fork between the mudguard and the light then bounced into my knee. Was very painful. And smelly.
Good job you weren't round my way (near Oxford) yesterday morning then. There must have been 50 of them just walking along the road over a 300m stretch with others flying in to land and the odd one taking off in a panic as a car got within about 10ft of them. There were three already dead as we passed (slowly!) with a small flock of Red Kites circling overhead just waiting for a chance for breakfast!

They are big birds when you hit them. Some years ago I had one fly out of a hedge and hit me square in the chest when I was doing about 50mph. I was very lucky to stay on the bike. I stopped and went back to look for it with the idea that if it wasn't dead from the impact it would be shortly after I found it :angry: :angry: but it had disappeared.

Back in the summer we were in our Land Rover driving along the local bypass when a pheasant flew across the road and the car in front hit it. The impact threw it up in an arc across to the other carriageway where a BMW (car) coming the other way hit it as it came down. That threw it back across to the other side of the road where it went straight through our grill taking out the radiator and a headlight!

The ups and downs of 40 years on two wheels

www.pisquicktours.co.uk

Do the best you can, then try to live it down.

CCM604 Honda XR600 Honda CBX1000

Honda 400/4 Yamaha XS2 650 Kawasaki H1 500

Lotus Elan, Land Rover Discovery
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
James691

Post by James691 »

I'm still in shock that a cage driver pulled over!:ohmy:

Glad you made it through ok Sprockette!

And far be it that any rider should feel superior to anyone on the roads! It's not like I've ever given a grin as I filter to the front of the traffic lights, nope not me! That would be childish :whistle:

smugness2.jpg
smugness2.jpg (60.83 KiB) Viewed 728 times
Dancing in the moonlight
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

CRAIGREVO wrote:
Give Mark a one week ban, there getting worse>

I can't wait for the boil rally, leg and wing into the river might be in order! sorry Mark, Merry Xmas.
Or how about giving him sleep depredation surrounded by Action Men figures!! Sorry Mark but Ive not stopped thinking about your sad christmas past!:( :( :laugh: :laugh:
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.

Return to “BIKES”