Post by Redmurty »

nice bike mate (thumbs) some adventure's left in her me thinks

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
jaz1259

Re: KTM 640 ADVENTURE

Post by jaz1259 »

Bike looks good mate im going to spain ina couple of days on my 640, out of interest how did you fit the tank guards on mate i struggled with mine
mancunian

Post by mancunian »

catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

mancunian wrote:Very smart bike one for sale here :)
http://www.trf.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=21477
THATS MY OLD 640--I had it from new and put just about all the miles on it--still has my phone number on the carbon SA guards and my CBC sticker on my carbon tank guards!!!(proper press mould , not a vac bag job--and with proper petcock protection--but I would say that!). It still has my LED running lights!--Just for info we stripped it completely at 38 k just because we thought we ought to--I have pics of the engine in COMPLETE bits on the KTM dealers bench--didn't really need nuffin, but we popped in a new cam chain, new mains and new rings because it was down. The rear silencer is(if its still on) a luvverley JOHN DEACON stainless--but the bike was sold with two other silencers--one standard with a CAT and an earlier chrome one without a CAT. The Gobi corner protectors are also my design and manufacture. It was a superb bike but I never really used it properly offroad--because I'm short and getting older and it was too nice to beat up-and I have a couple of 250s for offroad and a replacement tiger 1050 for road work. Its been to Lisbon for the start of the Dakar, to Romania twice and all around Europe, last real trip was to the Moto GP at LeMans last year. I think in all the time I owned it it was still on the original front pads, and the rears would have lasted--you don't need brakes with a big single. Its done a track day at mallory--did well! Apart from having to change the inlet roller follower twice (known slightly weak point) , and almost at the end a cush drive bearing(double row) everything else was original(apart from service consumables)--bearings , clutch and so on--cheapest bike to run I've ever owned. It was just that the Triumph is better at holding high speed for hours on the Payage etc--and is lower in the seat because I'm 5ft 6 ins!-don't worry about the high mileage--its a good thing!
scoobydidler

KTM 640 ADVENTURE

Post by scoobydidler »

Looks ace stu, really like the black front end, breaks up the orange overkill.

Still my favourite ABC bike (sorry mike) ;-)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
XR400STUPOT

Post by XR400STUPOT »

Thank you for the positive replies. In answer to the questions, the tank guards needed a bit of a fettle to fit, had to take a bit off, fixed them to the bike with sticks like shit (and it does). I've had a look at the chain guard and it's not marked with a manufactures name, I guess it has been made in a fab shop someplace. Low front mud guard, yes asking for trouble in sticky mud, clay ect. Plan on spacers to lift it a bit. Here is a pic of the screen from the other side as asked. I posted up with the pic in the first place to let other 640 owners know about Rally raid engineering, they are in Australia and seem a decent bunch of Guy's.

Bianchi

Post by Bianchi »

Thanks stu for taking a picture from behind the screen .. I think that looks quite a good fit .. Did you get hit with the duty when you ordered it ..

Thanks
Dave
XR400STUPOT

Post by XR400STUPOT »

Bianchi wrote:Thanks stu for taking a picture from behind the screen .. I think that looks quite a good fit .. Did you get hit with the duty when you ordered it ..

Thanks
Dave
The cost for the screen was £240 inc postage. RRE were helpful with the package value marking if you know what I mean. Cost me £28 in charges when arrived in the UK.
Bianchi

Post by Bianchi »

Stu did you not fancy the carbon frame protectors from the same company, they also look nice

you will need to post some pictures of your bike all packed and ready for the off

cheers

Dave

Return to “BIKES”