Scooters/mopeds

The Things We Ride
Gavinskii

Re: Scooters/mopeds

Post by Gavinskii »

@Bondy - I will try and grab a couple of photos on Sunday

@Bowber - I bought this Rieju coz it was great value for money with quality suspenders and engine. I only rode it around the block once and it's been in dry storage since Sept. Im looking to make some space, so if you are interested drop me a pm with your number and we can have a chat.
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Jim, surely your GS800 would be perfect for this commute? 200 miles a week is less than four Gallons of Petrol.
Riding a C90 or similar across town for 10 miles can be a laugh, also as a bit of alternative type transport on a longer trip it has great novelty value, I like nipping about on my C90.......but grinding out 40 miles a day in cut-throat commuter traffic not so good. It's no fun getting bullied into the gutter by Audi's and BMW's......you'd end up punching a Human resources manager or an IT consultant at the traffic lights :laugh:
You also have to factor in purchase cost, Tax, insurance and maintenance of a second bike.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

The gs is fantastic for it

Just don't want to put commuting miles on it
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

bond_yzf wrote:The gs is fantastic for it

Just don't want to put commuting miles on it
Try taking the word "commuting" out of that sentence.
Commuting is still riding, you can still enjoy enjoy your commute ride. I used to ride a bike 30 miles into Manchester and 30 miles back home, I used to enjoy the ride. (1976-1980 GT250Suzuki-GPZ550)
I'd defiantly want a bit more umph than a 125 on busy rush hour roads. I like to filter to the front and know that when the lights go green I don't need to worry about being cut up by Justin from Accounts in his Vectra
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

That is a fair point Steve

My commute is mainly small a/b roads and I think a 125 would be fine,I love getting on the 800 every morning and tbh I did have a company vehicle but I hate driving and much prefer 2 wheels
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

bond_yzf wrote:That is a fair point Steve

My commute is mainly small a/b roads and I think a 125 would be fine,I love getting on the 800 every morning and tbh I did have a company vehicle but I hate driving and much prefer 2 wheels
Me too Jim, much prefer slipping past stationary cars on a bike.
I feel a bit happier about your 125 now, just recalibrate your brain to 50 mph, you'll catch and slip past the bastards at the next set of lights!
I hate some drivers attitude to small bikes, you ride along at (or just over) the speed limit and they feel they have to overtake you and cut you up as they pull back in, only to slow down back to the speed limit again when they are in front.
When you ride a bigger bike they know their place and generally keep behind.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

A 'Maxi' is the thing IMHO - on ride outs here in the Pyrenees -where folks aren't so 'cliquey' you won't believe just how the go!
(thumbs)
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
shed

Post by shed »

Just about too advertise my sons Kawasaki kmx 125 ,around 10.000 thousand miles on the clock totally stranded .goes really well great for work and will keep its value.

Return to “BIKES”