Advise needed re appropriate small trails bike 4 green laneing

The Things We Ride
3BsBiking

Re: Advise needed re appropriate small trails bike 4 green laneing

Post by 3BsBiking »

I can highly recommend the AJP PR3. You should be able to get a 2012 ish for your budget. It will probably be the 200cc version, rather than the current 240cc but it's still very capable.
It's a 3/4 height bike, very light at about 100kg and very well balanced as the fuel tank is under the seat.
At 5'2" myself, I would never go back to a Serow after the AJP. I fall off the AJP a lot less and crucially when I do, I don't get pinned underneath it like I used to with my Serow (blokes don't understand this but as a feeble female with zero upper body strength, it matters to me :) )
Biker B&B and trail riding centre in the Limousin, France.

www.3BsBiking.com
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

As a new lady rider maybe a honda xr125... Cheap and reliable....or a dr125... You dont need anything special and can easily sell on afterwards...for your money youll get a newish bike...electric start too....

Let them snigger id ride one anywhere..
XJ Lady

Post by XJ Lady »

Thank you every one, the CRF250 is too tall, I like the Serrow but it's age verses cost always puts me off. I have a beta rev3 with long range seat now but it's ability to do road sections between tracks is limited & at mo it doesn't have lights etc. Will have to look at Honda SL230, Kawasaki Super Sherpa & AJP P3. Although I have ridden the AJP P3 before on a Motogymkhana course & I found the throttle to be a bit iffy. I saw a CCM230 which looks short & light enough for me but could only find 2 reviews 1 terrible & 1 middling. Has anyone had any experience of them? The XR125 & DR125 are good options.
Thank you again for all the info.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

There is a fairly cheap low mileage CCM 230 on fleebay at the moment !
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

A 125 would be appropriate. Nice and easy, very light, easy to move. Low. Serow is too heavy, crf250l also too heavy for someone slight. AJP too high also, same as XR125. SL230 is a crap bike. small enough but crap.

Kawasaki KLX 125 would be perfect. I know where there may be some cheap ones too (no not mine before smart arses chime in :laugh: ). also where you could have a day with experienced guys used to dealing with women in both groups, pairs ans singles.

Message me if you want more help with the above XJ
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

How about a Suzuki VanVan 125? Its not a trail bike I know but its small strong and more than capable of beginner friendly trails.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

I can vouch for the fact that whilst they are fun, it is categorically not a trail bike. My Mrs had one I used to service it for her and ride it now and again for fun. Also they are not at all manoevrable and the tyres make them shit off tarmac (and on tarmac in fact :laugh: )
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

I'm 5'3" and a bit B) and love my Honda CRF230, it's a very capable bike, just ask some of the lads on here :laugh:
It's also much lighter than the new CRF250, so more nibble and easier to pick up :dry: The seat had has an inch chopped from its height and now it is the perfect height for me.
Good luck in finding a bike that suits you and enjoy the trails (thumbs)

Return to “BIKES”