Husqvarna 701 thread

The Things We Ride
marcin_gda2

Re: Husqvarna 701 thread

Post by marcin_gda2 »

Here is mine. Few hours after picking it up from dealer.

marcin_gda2

Post by marcin_gda2 »

Not so clean anymore :-)

Mull

Post by Mull »

Nice pics boys,I can't wait for mine...what's it like on the dirt??and does the lower rear number plate holder/mudguard detach to leave a higher fixing point for reg plate marcin??it looked like it would in shop.
marcin_gda2

Post by marcin_gda2 »

So far I like it :-) Susspension is setup softer / more off-road oriented than KTM 690.
Didn't push it to hard though, still runnin in the engine and the TKC80... Lets just say not the best tyres for mudy lanes...

Number plate holder is really easy to remove - just 4 bolts and it's off.
Mull

Post by Mull »

Yeah,didn't think tyres would cope well in mud,looks like that will be on the to do list along with hd tubes and rim protectors!!!..thanks for info on plate holder.
GB

Post by GB »

Ive got my map on soft while running it in, the demo I had was on standard, there is a significant difference between the maps.
Finally back on a GS :D
marcin_gda2

Post by marcin_gda2 »

My map is setup on standard while running in. I'm itching to switch it to advanced/wild as soon as possible :-)
GB

Husqvarna 701 thread

Post by GB »

It only seems to effect low throttle response, top end power the same. Ideal for the rain on the street.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

They look great--I've wandered around them in my local dealers-but simply too tall for me-but just one general question--and it applies to all new KTMs and Husqvarnas--once you remove the low rear mudguard extension you just have a RED stop/tail light with no WHITE number plate illumination. I know that this is not part of the MOT but on the road its illegal not to have white light illumination--has anyone EVER been stopped because of this--not criticising at all--just one of those quirks of construction and use regulations. It is possible to add a small LED type white light with the high plate but its a bit of a faff--and 99% of people don't bother (of course a rear reflector IS part of the MOT so you have to add that--the rear light typically doesn't have a built in reflector--unless they've changed it and I haven't noticed).
GB

Husqvarna 701 thread

Post by GB »

You can get number plate bolts with white leds in that meet the legal requirements

Return to “BIKES”