Changing brands, and why?

The Things We Ride
moto al

Changing brands, and why?

Post by moto al »

Out of interest , and a friendly debate, why have you supported a brand for years and then jumped ship. ?????. For myself I always bought BMW,S ,for 25 years + Now I ride a Honda. Al. Now please over to you chaps Al (thumbs)
moto al
fw750x

Re: Changing brands, and why?

Post by fw750x »

Three Different Hondas over 24 Years, A VF500f2 A Honda Transalp And a Honda Africa Twin,3 Different Problems And Honda UK Would do nothing about it , Despite Buying from Approved Honda Dealers " As buying from Non Honda Approved " Dealers Would Give you no Back up in the Event of a Problem. The VF500 f2 The Drive Chain BROKE WITH LESS THAN 1000 Miles on the Clock , The Dealer would not Replace or even as a good will Gesture PAY Half the price of the Chain , Honda uk Took three weeks to look at the Chain and Said Something had entered into the run of the Chain and Broke it. The Transalp Was Sold to me as a Brand New Machine Blue and White Colour With 16 Miles on the Clock " Done by the Mechanic on a test ride " With No Service Book Despite calling in for 4 weeks running to see If it had arrived I Gave up, About a week later I took off the Side Panel and found the Service Book it had already been filled in . Another guy had bought the bike and it was Red and White Exact same Frame and Engine Numbers , I rang the Guy who told me Yes he had bought the bike and it had packed in on the Way back from the Honda Approved Dealers And he rejected IT AND GOT HIS money back. The Africa Twin Had Major Corrision on the Front Rim About 1 mm Deep about 3 Inches long I did not see it when I agreed to buy it , Also the Honda Approved Dealer Agreed to fill the Tank and Put 6 Months Tax on it as Part of the Deal. Again when I went back to get it sorted He denied all knowledge of the Filled Tank and 6 Months Tax and Said I must have changed the front rim as it was not like that when he Sold it to me. Each time Honda UK would DO NOTHING TO HELP , Take it up with the Dealer they said every time . So much for Buying from a Honda Approved Dealer. Never again will I buy a Honda Product . I now have a Kawasaki Versys a great all round bike and my Next bike Will be a Yamaha XT660Z would love the 1200 Super Tenere But unless i win the Lottery thats not going to Happen
russ_fae_fyvie

Post by russ_fae_fyvie »

I've had Hondas since 1977, then in 2003 I strayed from the fold and got a Triumph Tiger 990(still had a Honda as well) but after one winter all the corrosion kicked in (bolt heads, wheel rims, etc) so in 2005 I went for a KTM Superduke. After a lot of time spent back in the garage for various reasons including a complete wiring loom replacement (on a new bike!) it then threw me down the road when the front brakes seized (a court case is still ongoing for another owner who had the same accident). So I then got a BMW F800GS and was fine until the winter, then the bloody paint peeled off big time from the engine casings, BMW knew of the problem but refused to do anything. So I then got rid of that and bout the Transalp !

So the common theme is the Hondas were always reliable (I always had some sort of Honda as well as the above rubbish!) and never let me down.

So thats me, a Honda man for a long time and a long time to come !
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Had two BMW's and got fed up with poor quality of parts and cost of ownership, now own a Yamaha (thumbs)
Many year's ago I bought a new Kawasaki Z250 and after the plastic oil pump drive gear failed for the third time I will never again own a kawasaki :angry:
I suppose we all have horror stories and will never again own a certain brand.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Another pointless shit stirring thread designed to cause grief
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Milo Tighfield

Post by Milo Tighfield »

only ever owned a Bmw, Honda, Yamaha. Never owned a Triumph but that may change next year, why because I like it. (thumbs)
IainD

Post by IainD »

Tonibe63 wrote:Another pointless shit stirring thread designed to cause grief
You won't be posting again then; Good...
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Tonibe63 wrote:Another pointless shit stirring thread designed to cause grief
I don't think it is. It's a question asking why someone has changed their brand loyalty?

If you can't ask a simple question like that without being accused of shit stirring then it's time to give up and follow the herd.
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Never had any allegiance to any one manufacture.

I've owned four Hondas, two Kawasakis,one Suzuki, and one BMW (my present 1150GS).

Kept them all for many years and many thousands of miles, I honestly think that they are/were all as good as each other, and it is entirely down to looking after them properly, no dealers at all, just me taking care of them.

People who stick to one make regardless, are missing out on the varieties that are on offer.

Having said that, I doubt I'll change my GS for anything else.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I used to buy computers running Windows then moved over to Apple and their system and once I'd got used to the basic differences decided they're pretty much the same unless you're getting into high end video editing (I'm not) so went back to Windows.

Brand loyalty? Nope, just wanted to see what the hype was all about.

The same can also said about iPhones and Android phones.

Return to “BIKES”