ccm450

The Things We Ride
minkyhead

Re: ccm450

Post by minkyhead »

first thing id say after considerabcle expieriance with the bike ..is that the cush should really be standard ..given its type of use duel purpose it most deffinatly helps with tyre wear and chain wear

speculation of the actual cost of the cush when ordered with the bike is unclear ..it will clearly up the cost so its understandable that ccm will have it as a extra ..one up to the 690 then ?

i changed to cush drive and a did extream chain pretty much withing a few weeks knocking on 5000 miles later thachain is wearing very well but it is a much better chain imho
tyre wear my default mitas e09 is much better last ing much longer it wont be much use off road at 4000 but will probably streach to 5000 miles if you had too ...and that isnt half bad for that tyre its right in the 660 zone now

not the bike we expected to be ...its deffinatly the bike i expected to be and il leave that there full stop ..

it wont suit a lot of people but having met rob last month i bet it will suit hm very well ...

ive had around 14000 miles on a ccm now three trips abroad and its done the job very well

i understand that it is or can seem a bit rough around the edges but live on one for 3000 miles ..tour on it ..live on it get it proper off road and turn it around and pick it up and get stuck on it and ....it really does make a huge amount of sense ..off road its limited by the rider to large degree ..that would be me then grrrr

the motor is brittle it will explode ?? ....ok its not gonna last like a klr ...but this is total bollocks the motor is working fine its sweet reves like guddun and pulls strong mine feels as sweet as nut the harder i rev it the stonger and smoother it is .....entertaining ....go slow let it vibe use the low down tourque and it will just bust through with no gearchange and do its thing it will pull from very low ..it still drives me nuts in slow traffic but i dont care

i think ccm have done a pretty good job ..im glad now the lowered bikes are a choice without penelty ...that will sway a lot of folks towards it ..im a bit pissed off that the nominal value of mine is now 500 quid less ...whatever thats life

i keep seeing the new models being punted and being applauded for 165kgms ect ect
the ccm after allits critics have produced a pretty unique bike ...the much slated frame is tough taught spaectacularly good looking as far as im concerned tested with full luggage and a few big bangs toboot and holds the whole thing together with glue and weighs less than 9kgms
if ktm or honda had done that all the armchair cricts would be slobbering all over it like a fat kid in a sweetshop ....

one thing ive learned about the ccm is to go your own way take a chance ..take what comes ...better than sitting on your hands waiting for the perfect bike..about the same mone as a top end crf 450... yer pays yer money yer take yer choice

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

The nominal value may have gone down by £500
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

OnHellas wrote:The nominal value may have gone down by £500
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Bloody stupid sodding. DOH!
Why won't.......load......type.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Last try....

The nominal value may have gone down by £500 but you e had £5000 worth of adventures. :-)
Tourist-Biker

Post by Tourist-Biker »

Tourist-Biker wrote: Really can’t understand why theres so many members of this site that are negative about this bike maybe to many key board warriors ?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
CRAIGREVO wrote: How is my mentioning the price of the cush drive being negative and a keyboard warrior? Get a grip! :angry:
Hi Craig, my comment was not aimed at anyone just my view after reading the CCM threads (not just this one) on this site. No bikes for everyone but for some reason lots spent a good time at the key board with negative comments.

Just my personal view (thumbs)

Jon
Sanqhar

Re: CCM450 Cush drive

Post by Sanqhar »

I downloaded the order form from their website (it's in the FAQs).

The Cush drive is standard equipment on the GP450 Adventure S Model.

To order it on other models as a factory fitted option it is £341.00.

To buy it outright it is £510.00

I spent a lot of time talking to one of their guys at the NEC on Friday. I was very impressed.

I'm not a trail rider, the most I have ridden off road is on a grass campsite! My current FJR 1300 is now too tall and too heavy. What impresses me about the CCM is the light weight, low seat option, 20ltr fuel tank and the perfect (for me) riding position. I would just have to readjust my brain (and riding style) to dropping 100bhp!

90% of the time it would be used on the road, has anyone fitted pure road tyres?

Tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Sanqhar wrote:I downloaded the order form from their website (it's in the FAQs).

The Cush drive is standard equipment on the GP450 Adventure S Model.

To order it on other models as a factory fitted option it is £341.00.

To buy it outright it is £510.00

I spent a lot of time talking to one of their guys at the NEC on Friday. I was very impressed.

I'm not a trail rider, the most I have ridden off road is on a grass campsite! My current FJR 1300 is now too tall and too heavy. What impresses me about the CCM is the light weight, low seat option, 20ltr fuel tank and the perfect (for me) riding position. I would just have to readjust my brain (and riding style) to dropping 100bhp!

90% of the time it would be used on the road, has anyone fitted pure road tyres?

Tom

Tom
Id go for the supermoto version is it was going to be on road 90% of the time. (thumbs)
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Supermoto (GP450RS) was my first thought but you can't buy the bike with just supermoto wheels, you get the normal set of wheels as well (homologation requirements). It is also not clear whether you get the same amount of standard equipment as the GP450 Adventure S.

Tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

They sell it with both sets of wheels and then buy back a set to get around the rules. Got this straight from CCM.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG

Return to “BIKES”