ccm450

The Things We Ride
micksea

Re: ccm450

Post by micksea »

The prices I quoted are for aftermarket wheels so it seems that the ccm wheels are reasonably priced even if a standard wheel isn't included
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

SteveR wrote:I spent too much time on the CCM stand today and was interested in the little tweaks that the bike has been having since I test rode one earlier in the year. It may be that the appalling vibes I found have been tamed enough to be acceptable to me now...! I have arranged to go and have another test ride on one of the new test fleet Bikes ;)

The cush drive is going out on the majority of Bikes and it sounded to me as if this will be the norm before long. The WP forks looked very nice I thought B)
When you going mate ?

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
jonny955

Post by jonny955 »

CRAIGREVO wrote: I may be reading this wrong but Jonny 955 says hes owned 2 ccms for the last 11 months and has just purchased the new cush drives to fit to them for the option price of £500. :huh:
That was the price last summer, when we ordered ours. CCM's pricing strategy may have changed since then because they have discounted the base model by around £500 (it's on their website).

They have an order form which lists all the prices. I tried to download this from their website yesterday but I couldn't get it to work. I would expect the price of the cush drive to be less if you order it as part of the spec' on a new bike, compared with buying it as an additional wheel.

I suggest any enquiries should be directed to John Drogan at CCM (their Sales Manager, nice guy) but he's probably busy at the NEC right now!

Jon
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Redmurty wrote:
SteveR wrote:I spent too much time on the CCM stand today and was interested in the little tweaks that the bike has been having since I test rode one earlier in the year. It may be that the appalling vibes I found have been tamed enough to be acceptable to me now...! I have arranged to go and have another test ride on one of the new test fleet Bikes ;)

The cush drive is going out on the majority of Bikes and it sounded to me as if this will be the norm before long. The WP forks looked very nice I thought B)
When you going mate ?

cheers Spud ;)
Check yer email Spud!! All that Welsh mud has blinded you...?
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Lets see if I've interpreted this correctly, a hard / direct drive will result in transmission lash, and possibly accelerated wear to it's component parts.
CCM know this but sell the bike anyway, BUT if you want to save yourself future grief they will relieve you of an extra £500?

Sounds great, I wonder if they have a branded crash helmet where I could pay extra for the straps?
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

You sure its got wp forks not marzochci ? as was on all bikes...or have they jumped ship

These bikes change rapidly and must effect older models values.
JMoandpiglet

Post by JMoandpiglet »

mark1150 wrote:Lets see if I've interpreted this correctly, a hard / direct drive will result in transmission lash, and possibly accelerated wear to it's component parts.
CCM know this but sell the bike anyway, BUT if you want to save yourself future grief they will relieve you of an extra £500?

Sounds great, I wonder if they have a branded crash helmet where I could pay extra for the straps?
It depends on what sort of riding you intend to do. I don't know of any other sub 650cc enduro style trail bike that comes with a cush drive.

If you're planning on a lot of high mileage road work, it might be worth fitting a cush drive hub - but look at it the other way, the GP450 is actually £500 cheaper than it would be otherwise if the cush hub was fitted as standard.

In addition, the concentric design of the front sprocket means the driveline is not subject to the same shunting forces through suspension movement, only the power pulses of the engine itself.

Jx
JMoandpiglet

Post by JMoandpiglet »

Tramp wrote:You sure its got wp forks not marzochci ? as was on all bikes...or have they jumped ship

Unfortunately Marzocchi as a company are now defunct.

I imagine CCM have decided to source WP forks as an alternative.

Jx
magwych

Post by magwych »

JMoandpiglet wrote:
Tramp wrote:You sure its got wp forks not marzochci ? as was on all bikes...or have they jumped ship

Jx
Marzocchi are still being fitted as standard, I was told. 48mm WPs are an optional upgrade, at the moment.
WP is now owned by KTM, I hope that they are going to keep supplying the forks to CCM, I put a deposit on a new GP450 at the show B) and fancy the WPs....

Sent by the power of sticks and string amd the mystery of Flapatalk
jonny955

Post by jonny955 »

JMoandpiglet wrote:

Jx
I heard thst Marzocchi have a new owner. I would expect the Marzocchi name to continue as it is quite well established, but you never know.

WP suspension is indeed superb but I've no complaints regarding the Marzocchis on my GP450, comparing to the WP forks that were on my KTM990. The bikes come with all the adjustment you would expect (two-way front damping + preload, three-way rear damping + preload)

Jon

Return to “BIKES”