New ADV bike from SWM

The Things We Ride
Crossrutted

Re: New ADV bike from SWM

Post by Crossrutted »

KN0BBY wrote:Indeed so Crossrutted, though in this case I believe it's more than just one or two componants, but then, what do I know?, I'm just a numpty
Aren't we all!

(However I have got a SWM 500R - it's (Italian)build quality is equal to KTM/BETA/GasGas IMHO)
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

The wait is over, they started arriving in dealers this morning...
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
stridey

Post by stridey »

dragonwheels wrote:The wait is over, they started arriving in dealers this morning...
:woohoo: at last!
I was in Thor of Bodmin yesterday and they definitely didn't have one so hopefully when I next pass in two weeks time I can see the current production version!
appleseed

Post by appleseed »

dragonwheels wrote:The wait is over, they started arriving in dealers this morning...
Are they still going to be available with 21/18 wheels?
bowber

Post by bowber »

MHB at Kirkby Stephen has said he will have one for this weekend, he'll be open Sat/Sun as well.
Bit of a warning though, there is a classic vehicle event on this weekend so there will be a lot of traffic.

Steve
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

hopefully from Late July with 21/18 wheels
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
Sideleaner

Post by Sideleaner »

stridey wrote:Well! Has anyone actually demo'd one or even bought one yet?

Not the ADV, but I did a testride with the Supermoto model (same engine) just to get the feel of that 600cc. I must say it is a very smooth and powerfull engine. It does good re-takes at any rpm and took me to illegal speeds in seconds. Very impressed.
Durham

Post by Durham »

Dropped my CCM 450GP SR off at MHB Motorcycles (Kirby Stephen, Cumbria) for its first service yesterday and they gave me a new SWM Superdual GT to play with.
If you know the area: off to Hawes for lunch via Garsdale Head, over the Buttertubs, Keld and back to Kirby Stephen.

Very easy to ride (sub 200kg). Nice gear box and smooth transition. No need for clutch shifting up. Well balanced. Very comfortable and a whole lot quieter than my CCM. Less than £8k and with Givi cases thrown in.

Not as well put together as something like a fancy BMW of course (expensive even though they have bits made in China and Taiwan :whistle: ). The engine bars look a bit cosmetic but a pretty good machine for the price. Lots of spares around to keep it on the road and I guess quite cheap to run.

Downside for me:
17L tank.
Awkward placement of key barrell.
Only seems to lock with front wheel to left (is that a husky thing?).
I am only 5ft 10inches in height so if my legs could be extended by 2 inches I think it would be a winner for me (seat height is 860mm so tippy toes for me).
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

crofty wrote:I'm a numpty too Knobby and I think 7.5k for something unproven and manufactured in China/assembled in Italy is a big ask when you can buy a KTM/CCM for the same money. Now 2.5k for a Chinese WK 400 trail that's worth a gamble.
Where do you think KTM and CCM parts are made? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, and wait, the CCM engine is wholly made in Taiwan, to a 14 year old design.
Pathfinder

Post by Pathfinder »

New Bike Prices today are just silly, everyone has moved manufacturing to where it is cheap, yet charges a small fortune, I think it's called Profiteering and everyone is at it, sad really.
....................Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Return to “BIKES”