New ADV bike from SWM

The Things We Ride
appleseed

Re: New ADV bike from SWM

Post by appleseed »

I believe the weight is 160, don't know how much the boxes weight. Also I thought the service intervals were 5k.
Imho an xt660z feels way bigger and a bit (top) heavier and has worse suspension.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

appleseed wrote:I believe the weight is 160, don't know how much the boxes weight. Also I thought the service intervals were 5k.

Imho an xt660z feels way bigger and a bit (top) heavier and has worse suspension.
hey i have no axe to grind with the swm im sure its a nice motorcycle
but as its crept to production its moved from 6500 quid to near 8200 for the one we want 21inch wheeles ect ..
i belive the service intervals are 5000 km ill stand corrected ..and the weight is quoted in this thread
the engine is very nice indeed i feel some of the componats are a bit on the cheap side for a bike of this price ...i wish you well whatever you ride

dry weight is quoted at 187 gkms so with petrol ect its 200 plus before luggage ..theres no denying shes a fairly big girl

23-bikes/467308-new-adv-bike-from-swm.h ... &start=230
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
appleseed

Post by appleseed »

I agree some stuff is a bit cheep, the rear foot pegs hangers, heat shields come to mind and yes 6500 would be great.

IMG_20170524_142429.jpg
IMG_20170524_142429.jpg (59.56 KiB) Viewed 2560 times
nathanthepostman

Post by nathanthepostman »

It is 5000 kilometres intervals. A dealer confirmed it. Weight is contentious. I wrote 186 kilos dry in my copy, as that was the spec on the website. But it feels nowhere near a 200 kilo wet bike. If a CCM is a genuine 130kilo I'd say the SWM feels more like a 150-160 kilo bike. It's a bit like a GS1200 and a new AT weighing about the same on paper, but you could have fooled me when you're pushing them around.
stridey

New ADV bike from SWM

Post by stridey »

nathanthepostman wrote:It is 5000 kilometres intervals. A dealer confirmed it. Weight is contentious. I wrote 186 kilos dry in my copy, as that was the spec on the website. But it feels nowhere near a 200 kilo wet bike. If a CCM is a genuine 130kilo I'd say the SWM feels more like a 150-160 kilo bike. It's a bit like a GS1200 and a new AT weighing about the same on paper, but you could have fooled me when you're pushing them around.
5000 kms (3100) miles is crap for a bike based on adventure touring travel!
I was so keen on this bike but I'm not interested if it's only 3100 miles. If I was going to Europe and back say Spain for 2 weeks I'd have to have it serviced at both ends of the journey! Please someone confirm those service figures are incorrect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nathanthepostman

Post by nathanthepostman »

As I say, a dealer confirmed it. I'll contact swm in Italy and double check. If it's just a couple of litres of oil every 3000 miles it's not the end of the world. Anyone know what the Husqvarna TE610 intervals were?
... Just checked and they were 5000kay as well.
dewtwo312

Post by dewtwo312 »

Man, I've been waiting on the Superdual with high hopes for almost a year....
But I am certain I will not buy an "adventure bike" that I need to look at vavle
gap at 3000 miles.
That is just wrong!!!!
I've had a lot of different type of dirt/DS/race bikes over 45yrs. I did the work required to keep them in shape for there intended purpose.
But a dual sport is for loading up and taking the scenic routs across country, or commuting around local towns and interesting rides with friends, W/O helicopter maintenance.
I didn't even keep my WRR long enough for the FIRST vavle check (recommended 26,000 miles)
Come on, this is not a race bike......................
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

in fairness a valve check is easy .. a reshim is somthing else ...but look what ccm did with the 450x motor ..a 30 hour valve check extended to 5000 miles and to my knowlage no ccm has been reshimmed with big milages up no significant mocment in 15000 miles ...
..the swm motor is very unstressed ridded steady id be surprised if anything moved in 12000 let alone 3000 and if just came down toa pit stop oil change it wouldn be a big problem ..marroc apart 3000 miles will cover most trips for most people when rugged roads are on the menu
i like the engine a lot im sure it will be a very nice motorcycle ..lets see what the 21inch version comes out like without all those huge boxes ect
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
stridey

New ADV bike from SWM

Post by stridey »

minkyhead wrote:in fairness a valve check is easy .. a reshim is somthing else ...but look what ccm did with the 450x motor ..a 30 hour valve check extended to 5000 miles and to my knowlage no ccm has been reshimmed with big milages up no significant mocment in 15000 miles ...
..the swm motor is very unstressed ridded steady id be surprised if anything moved in 12000 let alone 3000 and if just came down toa pit stop oil change it wouldn be a big problem ..marroc apart 3000 miles will cover most trips for most people when rugged roads are on the menu

i like the engine a lot im sure it will be a very nice motorcycle ..lets see what the 21inch version comes out like without all those huge boxes ect
Ok. Thanks. With another two sleeps and yours and previous comments I'll say I'm still interested especially in the 21 inch wheel naked version as I am not a fan of ally boxes! So I'm back in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rallymoto

Post by rallymoto »

just to add ..........bought my 630 to do merzouga rally on ,had a blocked injector when i got there ,oh bollox
.............since putting a new one in its done over 12,000 hours !!!!!!!!!!!! (followed the dakar two years ago)
checked valves once ,regular oil and filter ,and NOTHING EALSE ever it starts every time,runs great ,what a motor ..............
still used at sweet lamb as a hire bike !!!
its not had an easy life ,in fact the opposite
its a great bike ,great motor

Return to “BIKES”