Join The Green Party

The Things We Ride
SteveW

Join The Green Party

Post by SteveW »

The KLX 450r!
They are still available new and they're cheap!
Folk moan about the demise of the DRZ. These are better dynamically in every way.
Japanese quality, a stonkingly good trail bike.
So easy to ride, that 450 engine has buckets of torque, I can ride mine in 3rd gear whilst a 250 is swapping up and down between 4 gears.
Sorry chaps, I just have to have a little rant every now and again and try to fight the largely unloved KLX's corner. If you are looking for a serious trail bike that's a bit under the radar, that won't blow the socks of a novice but will still lift the front wheel in 3rd off the throttle and top a 100mph, has good quality suspension and is very stable the 450r is worth a look (thumbs)
image_2015-10-06.jpg
image_2015-10-06.jpg (61.61 KiB) Viewed 1052 times
boristhebold

Re: Join The Green Party

Post by boristhebold »

Give us a clue as to where they are, and cheap. I can find them on Kawasaki's website at £6500 and 1 2nd hand 2010 model at £3700 :)
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

How does this compare against a CCM? :unsure: Has anybody tried both and how do they stack up against one another?

It does look like a nice well sorted bike at a decent price.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

boristhebold wrote:Give us a clue as to where they are, and cheap. I can find them on Kawasaki's website at £6500 and 1 2nd hand 2010 model at £3700 :)
Boris, they just don't sell over here. Go into a dealer and have a chat, they'll knock a grand off before you've even sat down.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

daytona-supersport wrote:How does this compare against a CCM? :unsure: Has anybody tried both and how do they stack up against one another?

It does look like a nice well sorted bike at a decent price.
Do you mean the CCM GP450? If so, very different bikes. The Kawasaki would be a challenge 9 hours in the saddle!
I've fitted a big tank on mine, so it's got decent range for a trail bike. Also it's compromised by its lack of a rear subframe for luggage. But it's an absolute hoot on fast gravel/rough roads.
I did more road miles than I wanted to do in France/Spain this year it wasn't the comfiest bike in the party I can tell you!
Mind you the other two knobs where on DR650's just about the best compromise for the road/trail work we did.
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

Many thanks. (thumbs)
kev.t

Post by kev.t »

i do love a kwak.
struggled finding one though when i was looking for my green laner so ended up with the wr450, which in all honesty has been nothing short of fantastic, if a little rough on't arse when in the saddle all day.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

kev.t wrote:i do love a kwak.
struggled finding one though when i was looking for my green laner so ended up with the wr450, which in all honesty has been nothing short of fantastic, if a little rough on't arse when in the saddle all day.
You can't go wrong with a WR. Everyone knows how good they are,
I'd rate the Kawasaki in the same ballpark though but a fair bit cheaper, but not worth as much second hand.
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Ref the comments on seating.

Go out and get some decent quality cycle shorts. OK, not a complete solution but you will have a far happier bum.
Do use one of the various creams used by cyclists to prevent sore bum. (monkey butt).

Do not go to your doctor for assistance with a really sore arse. I tried it once, Went in and told him I had monkey butt really bad. He had no idea that this was a real issue for riders of modern razor edged seating, dirt bike riders. All he could suggest was slapping a load of Savlon on my bum. Does work, but it takes a while.

MONKEY BUTT IS NO JOKE. :laugh: :laugh:

So a 450 Kwaker with a decent seat and a stronger rear sub frame could go head to head with a CCM 450?

XR 600. Best seat ever on a dirty bike. Bloody great bikes. Love em.
V_King

Post by V_King »

those klx are great purpose build bikes. very popular across the pond, not much here though as beer bellies are better suited got panzers :laugh:

regarding sore arses, use the tool below more often (the bike, not the girl) and there will be no problems :)

""

Return to “BIKES”