Honda Goldwing.....Would you?

The Things We Ride
SteveW

Honda Goldwing.....Would you?

Post by SteveW »

I was over in the West of Ireland last weekend. On the Hollyhead-Dublin ferry, we were talking to a couple of Goldwing riders and their pillion wives. We also bumped into them in Westport.
I can see the appeal, no doubt about it. I would like to take one away for a couple of days.
But I don't ride with a pillion and I am trying to cut down on carried kit, plus I tend to seek out the rougher road these days.
Fantastic bikes though. Honda taking it to the Max.
vRSG60

Re: Honda Goldwing.....Would you?

Post by vRSG60 »

As my mate would say - "I'd sooner nail my dick to a burning shed!"
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

NO ! not for me, filtering is tough enough on my fully loaded GSA with wife and kit, and i just can't sit in traffic on a bike,
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I knew a guy who had one he dropped it on a slope leaving a campsite in Scotland he had to go round gathering help to put it back on its wheels!!
Not for me I'm afraid.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

lancashirelad wrote:I knew a guy who had one he dropped it on a slope leaving a campsite in Scotland he had to go round gathering help to put it back on its wheels!!
Not for me I'm afraid.
Really! :whistle:
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

May be its natural progression......... Sports Bikes - Adventure Bike- Goldwing - Nissan Micra
I think you'd need to be an experienced, confident and competent rider to ride off with the Mrs on the back of a 25K motorcycle.
I'd never say never myself.
yoda

Post by yoda »

My mate in Aus went from a Blackbird to a goldwing, big distances to cover there and finds it much easier on that bike, he wouldn't want one here though. I had a Harley ultra for two weeks down there and loved it, don't think i'd want one for the uk eiher, most comfortable bike i've ever ridden and was far nicer to ride than i had expected..anything with two wheels is fine for me.
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

vRSG60 wrote:As my mate would say - "I'd sooner nail my dick to a burning shed!"
While watching re-runs of Piers Morgan
Reeferman

Post by Reeferman »

I have gone for the lesser option of a 11000 Pan European for the road and a WR250 for the trails. Am looking at trailering the WR with the Pan to travel further afield. I know some will say why have two when one will do both jobs. Some of the green lanes I ride I would not want a larger, much heavier, bike and the Pan on the road can't be beaten for comfort. I may invest in a third for the stable but right bike at right price at right time has always been a mantra for me.
A bad days fishing is always better than a good day at work.
I should change the picture to the WR250F but a bit of confusion is OK.
gspod

Post by gspod »

I had a GL1000 goldwing for 9 years and did 120,000 miles on it. The engine was superb - smooth as you like - and with the low centre of gravity it was amazingly fleet of foot (or tyre :laugh: )

Most of the engine parts were from the Honda Aivan, so cheap as chips (eg 2 cam belts = £9),easy to maintain and very reliable.

Only had 2 issues with it:
1 - heavy petrol use with those 4 carbs
2- The brakes were shocking !!!!!

Return to “BIKES”