So, talk me out of buying a new GSA....

The Things We Ride
johnnyboxer

Re: So, talk me out of buying a new GSA....

Post by johnnyboxer »

Ken Shabby wrote:
You've got a fantastic, capable bike - why do you need to change it?

And if the Versys is 'too similar' to the GSA...then why do you need a GSA..?

Ignore all the comments about 'life's too short' (it isn't), 'follow your heart' etc. - this is the way people in the UK are programmed by marketing and advertising to 'think' so that they in fact turn off their brains and borrow and spend lots of money.

Try really thinking why it is you feel unhappy with the fantastic bike you've got - and you'll find the answer is that you aren't.

In other words - be happy with, and grateful for, what you have. It makes life so much more enjoyable.
By golly, you've cracked it Ken

He's gonna take a kick in the nuts.............. with the Versys trade-in value too :whistle:
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

i have had the twin cam and currently on the lc, iam lucky enough to drive a boxster ( goole ims) and you would not sleep at night
mine actually failed when being serviced and the cost lucky for me at that time was £5k with out sounding flippant, had i been moving it would have been £12k plus, this is a 10% failure rate worldwide, some guys have actually scrapped their cars or have had them struck by jewish lighting.
point is if you can, buy it and enjoy it

iam on my 3rd boxster

steve
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

Redmurty wrote:
Mike54 wrote:BMW vs KTM...

BOTH!!!!!! in all case's ;) :kiss:

cheers Spud ;)
always go for the fat lass, have you ever seen a thin fucker trying to push start a car on a winters morning, turn over the flower beds, push mow the lawn, i could go on

steve
Roy C.

Post by Roy C. »

I,m a bit puzzled that you.d sell the Versys coz it,s ugly too buy a GSA. Not only is the GSA ugly enough to frighten a Police horse it,s wide enough to get stuck in the Chunnel so you,ll always have to take the ferry to the continent. :laugh: :whistle:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

fullerton wrote:
Redmurty wrote:
Mike54 wrote:BMW vs KTM...

BOTH!!!!!! in all case's ;) :kiss:

cheers Spud ;)
always go for the fat lass, have you ever seen a thin fucker trying to push start a car on a winters morning, turn over the flower beds, push mow the lawn, i could go on

steve
That`s what my head say`s, but another part of my anatomy . . . :evil: :whistle:
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

If the only problem with your current versys are the looks , why don't you get the new one , it was updated so its even better and its absolutely stunning looking . I would love to have one (thumbs)
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

Havn't read much of the thread but my reasons for not buying a R1200gs are 1) Every buggers got one and 2) I think the Versys is better ( less expensive, better suspension (subjective). I'm a BMW fan - up to about 2003.
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

Have just changed bikes. Didn't even consider a GS for a second.
Have never, ever had the desire to be one of a herd.
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Treadtrader wrote:As usual on a forum you'll get posts from people that's never owned one telling you how crap they are.
How right you are
Opinions with no substance.
Or this is the best when there are many they have never tried.
Good job the ill informed are educated enough to see through it.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I never liked the GS11 or the 1150, both overweight and underpowered imo..... then when the GS12 came out in 04 i road tested one and loved it, wanted to pull the trigger on it but they wouldn't give me the deal i wanted... BMW dealers dont like it up em.
Came to be glad i didn't buy one, as 5 of my mates bought into the GS12 popularity and they've all had loads of probs with em. 4 of them have returned to Jap bikes swearing never to buy another Beemer. The 5th loves his GS so much so accepts the issues he's had, but he doesn't trust it and pays for extended warranty and also has to put up with rip off priced main dealer servicing for that extended warranty.

Return to “BIKES”