Honda CRF250L ! Am I less of a man !

The Things We Ride
SteveW

Re: Honda CRF250L ! Am I less of a man !

Post by SteveW »

I dislike the KLX 250. All dressed up like a pukka Enduro and then so disappointing to ride.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

SteveW wrote:I dislike the KLX 250. All dressed up like a pukka Enduro and then so disappointing to ride.
Having ridden both and owned a KLX I would say the KLX is better on the rough stuff but on the road it dives a bit under braking. What SteveW says is right, neither are a WR250R, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

The CRF250L is a lovely smooth package and as long as you are in no hurry its well worth it.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

I say go for it. You'll still have twice as many cc's as me and I have oodles of fun riding my little bike
BikesAndTravels

Post by BikesAndTravels »

I almost bought a CRF250L myself. It's a great bike but the thing that put me off was the tiny teeny tank...100 mile range must surely be tiresome while commuting and hopeless for touring. If honda put a 16 litre tank on it even I, the tightest man in the UK, would part with my hard earnt.

My CRF review
Bikes And Travels
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

If you can get used to the different way of riding do it, its much more relaxed (until you get on the motorway or fast A roads :whistle: )

I got a little 200 last years and since then my 500 had had hardly any miles put on it, I've done two weekend/nights camping and taking it to the lakes for a week, smaller bikes are great fun to chuck around tiny roads at legal speeds :lol:
XF650

Post by XF650 »

Don't be put off by the lack of cc's, little bikes are like toys ie you tend not to take 'em seriously like the bigger bikes. They're very light, economical and most certainly fun fun fun! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Go for it, I doubt you'll be disappointed. (thumbs)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

If you're only planning on using it to commute plus a bit of weekend messing about then you'll be fine but any bike of that capacity and style is going to leave you frustrated if you ever try to use it for a holiday trip.

There's a reason why so many people with small capacity trail bikes end up owning vans or trailers and it's not because they have to take a lot of rubbish down the local recycling plant every weekend :laugh:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

AndyB wrote:If you're only planning on using it to commute plus a bit of weekend messing about then you'll be fine but any bike of that capacity and style is going to leave you frustrated if you ever try to use it for a holiday trip.

There's a reason why so many people with small capacity trail bikes end up owning vans or trailers and it's not because they have to take a lot of rubbish down the local recycling plant every weekend :laugh:
Good call. But the only real frustration is when your are riding with guys on bigger bikes on big roads.

Last summer I rode the whole of France from Le Havre to Perignon on my DR350 with L8KTM on his Tenere, whilst he was totally cool about the pace I set I felt pretty frustarted at holding him back. However once we hit the trails I had the easier ride.

Less of a man? More of a man I say :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
nwmschris

Post by nwmschris »

hey thought we was keeping this quiet ?
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

I was just me you and all abr. (thumbs)

Return to β€œBIKES”