Honda CRF250L ! Am I less of a man !

The Things We Ride
jonny955

Re: Honda CRF250L ! Am I less of a man !

Post by jonny955 »

Brenhden wrote:
AndyB wrote:If you're only planning on using it to commute plus a bit of weekend messing about then you'll be fine but any bike of that capacity and style is going to leave you frustrated if you ever try to use it for a holiday trip.

There's a reason why so many people with small capacity trail bikes end up owning vans or trailers and it's not because they have to take a lot of rubbish down the local recycling plant every weekend :laugh:
Good call. But the only real frustration is when your are riding with guys on bigger bikes on big roads.

Last summer I rode the whole of France from Le Havre to Perignon on my DR350 with L8KTM on his Tenere, whilst he was totally cool about the pace I set I felt pretty frustarted at holding him back. However once we hit the trails I had the easier ride.

Less of a man? More of a man I say :)
Portugal on 125cc VanVans...does that make me more of a man and also my wife, who did the same journey on hers? :lol:

Jon
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

Bluepaul wrote:So, I was in my local Honda dealer as I've just sold my K1200 and I fancied a change. I went to look at the CB500X as they had a used one there. Anyway, on viewing the CB I wasn't taken with it so I had a wander around.

Well, lo and behold there was a CRF250L. It looked gorgeous and I'm sure it winked at me seductively :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I couldn't take her for a test ride but the ergonomics seemed good and seat height was great. I'm 6ft and 16 stone (before breakfast :blush: ) I think it looks fantastic and I virtually bought it there and then, or I would of if I hadn't deliberately left my card at home (previous experience :whistle: )

is that the bike thats in Hunts

steve

The only fly in the ointment is that it's only a 250. Why can't I let that go ? I have been toying with some light off roading/green lanes but most of my riding will be commuting in Birmingham so I don't need the big cc's but why do I feel as if I'm doing something wrong/dirty :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Ho Hum ! Does anyone have or had any experience of the bike and what are your thoughts ?

Cheers Paul
Bluepaul

Post by Bluepaul »

Well that's done it ! :)

Deposit paid and should be ready Saturday morning :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Β£3800 OTR + Datatag + 2 yr AA cover and first service free = very happy fella.

All sorted through Sutton Motorcycles near Bromsgrove.

Cheers Paul (thumbs)
nwmschris

Post by nwmschris »

Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Sounds like a good deal that. Well done. Looking forward to new bike photos and shortly afterwards dirty bike photos (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Birdie

Post by Birdie »

That new ? ?Mega deal B) (thumbs)
nwmschris

Post by nwmschris »

Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

No, you'll be more of a man, after all you know what they say about men with big engines.

Mind you, what do I know, I ride a 125. But don't be put off by people saying you can't go touring, or it's no use for your 2 week holiday, blah, blah, blah, frankly they're talking bollocks, you can have as much fun, or more on a small capacity bike. Sure you might not want to sit on an A-bahn for hours, so instead you'll find yourself looking for the great A and B roads on the map, which suddenly opens up the whole experience.

No more turning your satnav on, tapping in your destination and going, instead you get to spend happy evenings with real maps, Michelin are great with their scenic roads designations, plotting out the interesting ways to get from A to B via C, D and A.

No more stuffing everything into your huge tin boxes and going, instead you get to spend evenings, and money, buying lightweight gear, tiny stoves and sleeping bags that pack to the size of a tangerine.

No more looking at a dirt track somewhere in the Pyrenees, before riding on because your big bike is too heavy to manoeuvre if you get stuck.

And think of it this way, as long as you're comfy what does it matter if you're a little slower? If you ride a big bike 200 miles at 70mph it'll take you 2hrs 41mins, at 60 it'll take you 3hrs 20mins, that's 39 more minutes of fun.
Happiness has 125cc ...
Bluepaul

Post by Bluepaul »

Freeloadeur wrote:No, you'll be more of a man, after all you know what they say about men with big engines.

Mind you, what do I know, I ride a 125. But don't be put off by people saying you can't go touring, or it's no use for your 2 week holiday, blah, blah, blah, frankly they're talking bollocks, you can have as much fun, or more on a small capacity bike. Sure you might not want to sit on an A-bahn for hours, so instead you'll find yourself looking for the great A and B roads on the map, which suddenly opens up the whole experience.

No more turning your satnav on, tapping in your destination and going, instead you get to spend happy evenings with real maps, Michelin are great with their scenic roads designations, plotting out the interesting ways to get from A to B via C, D and A.

No more stuffing everything into your huge tin boxes and going, instead you get to spend evenings, and money, buying lightweight gear, tiny stoves and sleeping bags that pack to the size of a tangerine.

No more looking at a dirt track somewhere in the Pyrenees, before riding on because your big bike is too heavy to manoeuvre if you get stuck.

And think of it this way, as long as you're comfy what does it matter if you're a little slower? If you ride a big bike 200 miles at 70mph it'll take you 2hrs 41mins, at 60 it'll take you 3hrs 20mins, that's 39 more minutes of fun.
Can't argue with a word you've said there :)
Bluepaul

Post by Bluepaul »

Birdie wrote:That new ? ?Mega deal B) (thumbs)
Yeh ! :woohoo:

0 miles on the clock very happy.

Return to β€œBIKES”