Moto Guzzi v7 Scrambler

The Things We Ride
pcayuela

Re: Moto Guzzi v7 Scrambler

Post by pcayuela »

I love my Guzzi Scrambler, it may not have the power or handling of many modern bikes but what it lacks in bhp it more than makes up for in soul. I'll try and post some pics!
Attachments
image_2015-03-06-3.jpg
image_2015-03-06-3.jpg (124.7 KiB) Viewed 938 times
image_2015-03-06-2.jpg
image_2015-03-06-2.jpg (63.61 KiB) Viewed 938 times
image_2015-03-06.jpg
image_2015-03-06.jpg (66.95 KiB) Viewed 938 times
johnnyboxer

Moto Guzzi v7 Scrambler

Post by johnnyboxer »

Lush bike - something different
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Bernard Smith

Post by Bernard Smith »

Gedge wrote:What do you mean by no heritage? ..MORINI has been around for decades and made some fine off road vehicles..the Scrambler and Granpasso both did incredibly well in the pikes peak hill climb...
That's the name Italian border guards start laughing at when they see you pull up................ :whistle: (thumbs)

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Bernard Smith wrote:
Gedge wrote:What do you mean by no heritage? ..MORINI has been around for decades and made some fine off road vehicles..the Scrambler and Granpasso both did incredibly well in the pikes peak hill climb...
That's the name Italian border guards start laughing at when they see you pull up................ :whistle: (thumbs)
Not my experience but hey ho....not sure how many members here will have actually ridden one let alone crossed the italian border on one?

What I do know is that I have owned one since 2009 , been round much of Western Europe on it and never had a single breakdown...be interesting to see how many Guzzis are as well built.....

Anyway, it's clear that this thread isn't the place to talk about my bikes so I'm out of here....
650ginge

Post by 650ginge »

I used my v7c for my 45km commute this morning. Not fired it up for 3/4 weeks. No problem starting. And much more comfortable than my usual nc750x over the broken irish roads.
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Just remember to clean and protect the ECU module thing mounted under the head stock, these corrode very easily and the connector pins break off. :laugh: No way to repair.
Just checked the price and these cost £455.98 plus vat. No stock available.
Was just quoted for a wiring loom for a 2010 Stelvio. £751.00 plus VAT. Bargain, :laugh:
Tourider

Post by Tourider »

daytona-supersport wrote:Just remember to clean and protect the ECU module thing mounted under the head stock, these corrode very easily and the connector pins break off. :laugh: No way to repair.
Just checked the price and these cost £455.98 plus vat. No stock available.
Was just quoted for a wiring loom for a 2010 Stelvio. £751.00 plus VAT. Bargain, :laugh:
What they don't quote is delivery times. The warranty replacement tachometer on my Guzzi took six months and a new mudguard took ten and a half months!
Bernard Smith

Post by Bernard Smith »

Gedge wrote:
Bernard Smith wrote:
Not my experience but hey ho....not sure how many members here will have actually ridden one let alone crossed the italian border on one?

What I do know is that I have owned one since 2009 , been round much of Western Europe on it and never had a single breakdown...be interesting to see how many Guzzis are as well built.....

Anyway, it's clear that this thread isn't the place to talk about my bikes so I'm out of here....
Chill my friend. I was pulling your leg.

Actually the words were a direct quote from a person who imports old Guzzis and barnfinds etc. from Italy. I was looking at a 350 Guzzi recently before I bought the MT350. He said the Morini 350 was actually much better than the Guzzi......... and then he came out with the quote.

But hey ho........

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/

Return to “BIKES”