Klr 650

The Things We Ride
west coast ratter

Klr 650

Post by west coast ratter »

Been looking @ getting another traillie an quite like the klr 650 I've been on the ADV rider forum and they guys seem to like them judging the amount of pages on the klr650 (thumbs)any of you guys on here have one and ? cheers :)
lmg

Re: Klr 650

Post by lmg »

Ask Graham Field - oh, actually you cant as he is riding in South America on his KLR650 (thumbs) He loves them! A good solid reliable thumper of a bike. Quite rare nowadays if Ebay sales are the baseline.
Cheers,

Leigh (LMG)

Joe Thumper

Post by Joe Thumper »

I had one for about 3 years and clocked 20000 miles on it without any problems. Many enjoyable off-road miles. They are very popular in the US, Aus and SA where there are no emission restrictions. The KL650A model with 22 litre tank is the one to go for but I don't think they were ever imported into the UK (which got the KL650C model I think) Plenty of farkles and and add-ons available as a Google search will reveal. They are quite solid bikes and the only issue I know of is the doohickey (cam chain tensioner) which can snap and ruin the motor. Some use a bit of oil if ridden hard and is a bit underpowered for highspeed highway touring, but at the right price, a cracker of a bike.

http://www.kawasakisa.co.za/details.php ... ucts_id=87
kito

Post by kito »

The reason they are popular on adv is they are cheep as chips in North America and realy that's about the only reason they sell so well. If you want one in UK the aren't that many about so most likely over priced. It's a bike that does nothing well but can do a bit of everything and is generally reliable .
If looking in UK the are better ways to spend money IMHO
klr.it

Post by klr.it »

Hi wcr, i've got a1989 a3 model, had it a few years now. They're pretty robust and solid machines. Not to bad off road but a tad on the heavy side. They have a 23 litre tank, i average about 200 miles going steady. Mine still has the original seat on it which isn't the best. Cdi's seem to be a common problem, mine packed in acouple of months ago,but it was 25 years old. I got an aftermarket one for 80 quid. Other than that there pretty good. Loads of accessories but mostly usa,oz and sa. Not sure if they were official imports to uk though.

Return to “BIKES”