The new Kawasaki 650

The Things We Ride
AndyB

Re: The new Kawasaki 650

Post by AndyB »

bull wrote:look, you know an old z650 when you see it and don't tell me you dont, and it don't need to have a badge or Kawasaki writing on it either
But could you stand 20 yards away and tell the difference between a 650, 750 & 900 Kawasaki if the badges were removed?
bull

Post by bull »

AndyB wrote:
bull wrote:look, you know an old z650 when you see it and don't tell me you dont, and it don't need to have a badge or Kawasaki writing on it either
But could you stand 20 yards away and tell the difference between a 650, 750 & 900 Kawasaki if the badges were removed?

yes I could with the older bikes, but maybe that's because I owned all types of bikes over the years,

but one thing is for sure, you would know if its a Honda or a Kawasaki etc etc

in the last year or two I have meet lads on new bikes and I don't know what make of bike their riding until I walk over and look at it, or ask them what make of bike their riding

now, if I looked at that new z650 in the photo from a distance, and then you asked me what make of bike it was, I wouldn't have a clue
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I thought the Versys was a KLE650, mine was anyway
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Tonibe63 wrote:I thought the Versys was a KLE650, mine was anyway
Yes KLE650 (thumbs)
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Throttled

Post by Throttled »

I don't like its new look. I prefer staked lights rather than lights which look like only one side is working.

It is an upright tourer/commuter which can nip about for fun times and cope with light off roading, especially with the right dual purpose tyres.
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
chico

Post by chico »

chillidave wrote:Can't believe what I'm reading .The Mk1 is a thing of beauty. :P

Dave.....call round again any time......hope the hobnobs were ok.... (thumbs)
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Mk1 for me. Fancy plastics and fox eyes don't work for me. Cloning from just about every other offering on the market.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

bull wrote:
AndyB wrote:

yes I could with the older bikes, but maybe that's because I owned all types of bikes over the years,

but one thing is for sure, you would know if its a Honda or a Kawasaki etc etc

in the last year or two I have meet lads on new bikes and I don't know what make of bike their riding until I walk over and look at it, or ask them what make of bike their riding

now, if I looked at that new z650 in the photo from a distance, and then you asked me what make of bike it was, I wouldn't have a clue
I can't really tell one new adventure bike from another but that's because I'm not interested in new adventure bikes.The reason you can tell old bikes apart is because you were interested in them.I must say though if I was asked I'd have said that was the tank off a new Triumph Tiger and the fairing from Fazer 1000! :unsure:
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

A bit of a double edged sword for manufacturers I suppose. Stick with an odd looking bike and sell a few or go bland like the rest and sell loads more? Ultimately it's is function over form for me so while it has to look decent I'd go with ride quality and ability every time.
The whole Adv Bike thing is another made up load of waffle. My adventure would probably be a boring holiday to someone else on here, I don't do off-road (yet) and ride a large bike that is fit for purpose (2 up lots of luggage, long distances) but as time goes on and the wife stops being a pillion I reckon I'll be down the CCm 450 route...even if they've shoved a twin headlight bland front end on it. :woohoo:
bull

Post by bull »

and its the same with cars, they all seem to look alike these days

its hard to tell one make of car from another, they all seem to look the same both on the outside and inside,

Return to “BIKES”