Wk Trail 400

The Things We Ride
Mike101

Re: Wk Trail 400

Post by Mike101 »

In the summer one saturday afternoon in a field i had a good crawl all over the new 250 honley.

While it looks a nice bike from the off it's when you lok at hte details you can see where costs have been cut.

Metal plates are sharp on the edges and getting tarnished after a few weeks use.
Spokes are chaning colour again after a few weeks use.

Rubber parts are often hard and unforgiving or very thin.

On some of the chineese bikes i saw at the NEC mudguards were metal..nice you may say..but prone to stone chips and rusting away i say.

Mudguard stays are again made from bent metal wire....on some bikes i saw.

The exhaust guards are thin and do not have any form of anti rust on them.

Where i work there are sometimes over 15 chineese bikes of various ages here on any given day depending upon weather.

Some are 5 years old and some 5 months old.

Without exception they all show signs of rust. The older bikes exhaust pipes rot away in a few years...anything shinny does not last long at all.

Now i'm not against chineese bikes in any way and i think they have got some good looking machines..the honley for example...but a new chineese bike is still way behind a 5 year old jap bike in every way.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Brenhden wrote:It’s got spoked wheels and up-side forks
Thems don't look like USD forks to me... :whistle:

A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

chipy wrote:I was looking at the new WK trail 400 bike yesterday at the NEC bike show. It looked quite good. any one know anything about it ?

I picked up a leaflet with the details on but cant find anything else out about it.
Had a good shufty today, it is as other have said, based around an XR400 motor clone.

Looking around it, I was not surprised at how similar it is to the Brazilian built Honda NX400 (I have a 2003 model) in several areas. I do feel Honda are missing a trick not bringing the new FI versions of the NX400 in to Europe especially tricked up like the WK400, now that they are OK on emissions, . I wonder if the WK400 will manage on emissions witha carb??
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

SteveR wrote:
chipy wrote:I was looking at the new WK trail 400 bike yesterday at the NEC bike show. It looked quite good. any one know anything about it ?

I picked up a leaflet with the details on but cant find anything else out about it.
Had a good shufty today, it is as other have said, based around an XR400 motor clone.

Looking around it, I was not surprised at how similar it is to the Brazilian built Honda NX400 (I have a 2003 model) in several areas. I do feel Honda are missing a trick not bringing the new FI versions of the NX400 in to Europe especially tricked up like the WK400, now that they are OK on emissions, . I wonder if the WK400 will manage on emissions witha carb??
Some Chinese manufacturers are know to put a link frome the air box to the header pipes to frig the emissions I believe
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Mad Hatter wrote:
SteveR wrote:

Some Chinese manufacturers are know to put a link frome the air box to the header pipes to frig the emissions I believe
Isn't that a PAIR valve as fitted on later DRZS etc?
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Gedge wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:
SteveR wrote:

Isn't that a PAIR valve as fitted on later DRZS etc?
No idea tbf mate DRZ's are to fancy for me to know about :lol:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

http://www.wkbikes.com/400cc_motorbikes ... L-400.html

Its out. Can someone go and test ride it for us?

Last year at the Midlands ABR there was that RX3 bike. Can we have one of these to see at this years please?

We all promise to be gentle with it... :whistle:
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Brenhden wrote:http://www.wkbikes.com/400cc_motorbikes ... L-400.html

Last year at the Midlands ABR there was that RX3 bike. Can we have one of these to see at this years please?

Whoever wrote the spec wants sacking.
Oil Cooled..........it aint
Ignition - ECU......what fires it? ( certainly not an electronic control unit)

Side crash bars look like they'd impart more damage than they'd save.Thin walled conduit with flattened ends.
Looks like the beak would make the front go light @ speed & probably waddle like a duck.

Straight off a must have marketeers tick list with no real evidence of tested engineering.
They might have got the gaiters uniform.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Its the same as the mash motors one, if you have a look at that thread I've stuck some info and a couple of links about it on there. I think Phil in France might be trying to get a test ride on one (thumbs)
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

picos mestizo wrote:

Whoever wrote the spec wants sacking.
Oil Cooled..........it aint
Ignition - ECU......what fires it? ( certainly not an electronic control unit)

Side crash bars look like they'd impart more damage than they'd save.Thin walled conduit with flattened ends.
Looks like the beak would make the front go light @ speed & probably waddle like a duck.

Straight off a must have marketeers tick list with no real evidence of tested engineering.
They might have got the gaiters uniform.
I agree...it looks like a badly-executed home-made 'custom'.

Buy a used Japanese bike instead.

Return to “BIKES”