Wk Trail 400

The Things We Ride
picos mestizo

Re: Wk Trail 400

Post by picos mestizo »

Unfortunately not very serious about it's target market. BOY TOY not MAN TOY. :whistle:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

picos mestizo wrote:Unfortunately not very serious about it's target market. BOY TOY not MAN TOY. :whistle:
Definitely, because every man toy rufty tufty adventure bike is used to go round the world and always super suitable for off road........ :whistle:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Mad Hatter wrote:
picos mestizo wrote:Unfortunately not very serious about it's target market. BOY TOY not MAN TOY. :whistle:
Definitely, because every man toy rufty tufty adventure bike is used to go round the world and always super suitable for off road........ :whistle:
What ever guys. If it helps create the small engine adventure market I'll be happy. Also second hand in a few years this will be tuppence, great news as currently the market is crazy.

As far as Man toy vs boy toy, there are plenty who roam the earth on cubs these days.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Brenhden wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:
What ever guys. If it helps create the small engine adventure market I'll be happy. Also second hand in a few years this will be tuppence, great news as currently the market is crazy.

As far as Man toy vs boy toy, there are plenty who roam the earth on cubs these days.
Yeah bad day at work yesterday, I'll put my handbag away :laugh:

You are right about the small size adv market though, nobody sells them here unless you want a full on trail bike, and even then the first thing we start doing is moding, and putting extra screens on and all sorts of shit :whistle:

Second hand in a while and they'll be dirt cheap, because no one wants Chinese, that's why I picked up a 125 yesterday that needs some work for 70 quid, less than 200 quid all in I'll have a road registered mot'd 125, even if it blows up after a few months it doesn't matter because it cost bugger all and the parts are dirt cheap (thumbs)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Mad Hatter wrote:
Second hand in a while and they'll be dirt cheap, because no one wants Chinese, that's why I picked up a 125 yesterday that needs some work for 70 quid, less than 200 quid all in I'll have a road registered mot'd 125, even if it blows up after a few months it doesn't matter because it cost bugger all and the parts are dirt cheap (thumbs)
Β£70!! I've spent more than than on bits of plastic to make a screen and then snapped them!
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

I spent nearly that on a speedo for the last one :lol:

Its grotty and needs a good clean and the tyres are a bit fecked as well as the handle bars but apart from that it looks fine tbf. It'll do nicely for what I have in mind :whistle:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-WK-BIKES ... 1a06d30a19

[ebay]1a06d30a19[/ebay]

Just looking through ebay and spotted this... item ... she has not aged well considering she's less than a year old. :pinch:

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Richard Simpson wrote: Buy a used Japanese bike instead.
I had that decision to make after doing a wheelie school and decided I needed a bike to practice on rather than my ZX7R

Those second hand 10+ year old Jap bikes (XL, DT etc) were Β£700+ on ebay

In the end I bought a Hongdu GY200 for Β£1095. No MOT needs for 3 years and it was a good little bike

BUT all the issues raised about quality are spot on. Paint that flakes off if you sneeze. Rust everywhere. Electrics using cables that are about 4 times the diameter of my Kwak or Honda. It lies SORN'd at the back of the garage awaiting some TLC but then so does the ZX7R as now I've got my Africa Twin I'm riding not mechanicking

Still looks lovely from a distance!
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Africa John wrote:
In the end I bought a Hongdu GY200 for Β£1095. No MOT needs for 3 years and it was a good little bike
I know this is off topic but that doesn't seem like a good choice for wheelies, did you have to change the sprocket ect?

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

Brenhden wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-WK-BIKES ... 1a06d30a19

[ebay]1a06d30a19[/ebay]

Just looking through ebay and spotted this... item ... she has not aged well considering she's less than a year old. :pinch:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The ad says '...or put it away for future investment' Hilarious, all that'd be left would be a pile of rusty dust in 25 years. You don't need metallurgists, computers and x-rays when kit is that bad, you can almost see it degrade in front of you.

Return to β€œBIKES”