Yamaha xt1200z super tenere THREAD

The Things We Ride
Yoyo

Re: Yamaha xt1200z super tenere THREAD

Post by Yoyo »

I did see you, well done!, it was hard enough marshalling on mine and I only managed one lane, that said next year it'll have something better than battle wings on it!
stridey

Post by stridey »

Did the Taffy Dakar this year on mine! Route B.
Didn't do all the lanes but was surprised how well it managed it. 50 gates lane was the last one we did due to time to get back to TD HQ. That was the toughest due to about 4 gates with 2 of them on the downhill side! No pictures on this lane as too steep to keep bike upright and take pictures!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stridey

Post by stridey »

Yoyo wrote:I did see you, well done!, it was hard enough marshalling on mine and I only managed one lane, that said next year it'll have something better than battle wings on it!
Thanks. I recall seeing your S10 also.
Great event well organised. Myself and my two ladies(mother & Daughter) are definitely coming back next year. Majority of us next year will be on our 5th event. Weather was kind and some of lanes suited our bikes. A S10, Guzzi Stelvio and XT660 Tenere. Yes better tyres next year. I had tkc70 on back fairly worn (and with a slow puncture nail sticking out between treads found out a few days after event!) and Anakee 2 on front. It will have Mitas E07 on next year for sure! We'll stick same on 660 too if I can get sizes or if not something to keep daughter upright. She had four offs on the lanes. 50 gates if that's what it's called she was off three times but loved it all the same and never really done off road so should get better with practice. I did the special test section but only on the 660 no issues eventhough it scared me so next year I'm going to give the s10 a go! This bike surprises me more and more a truly versatile bike toured all over Europe done back roads motorway off road lanes and it copes with them all. I have been riding for years and ex TRF so this helps off road. I first rode a S10 about 5 years ago at Yam Tenere Experience and our teacher was Geraint Jones so can't have better than that! He actually congratulated me on saying I was the first rider to come down a particular steep section off road in the forest areas he uses on his S10 which was a real honour from such an iconic rider with his experience! With experience you can do what you want on this bike. You may got a sweat on but you can do it! Anything is possible if you want to do it.
See you next year! Looking forward to it already! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “BIKES”