The new AJP PR7 Adventure

The Things We Ride
appleseed

Re: The new AJP PR7 Adventure

Post by appleseed »

I test rode the demo model at Torque Racing and liked it so bought one. They had one in stock so just waiting for it to be registered.

If I recall correctly they said they said the waiting period is about 10 days (excluding waiting for the DVLA) if they have to get them from the factory. They also have a preload setup for the shock and other bits in the works.
The attachment IMG_20181110_112231.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
IMG_20181110_112231.jpg
IMG_20181110_112231.jpg (134.94 KiB) Viewed 4567 times
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

appleseed wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:30 pm I test rode the demo model at Torque Racing and liked it so bought one.
I will be very interested to hear how you get on with it Appleseed.
I'm looking forward to trying one out in the new year with a view to using it for UK rally's, TET etc.

It looks very capable off road. Especially in the hands of a pro.....

frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I have been looking at a worthy successor to my and Harley MT350 Suzuki DRZ400s and i have tried a bigger bike in the form of BMW F800GS and looked at many others including the new T700 Tenere and KTM 790 adventure among many others. Everything seems to heavy and complicated. This AJP PR7 has really got me thinking. Because it has no pillion pegs it does not have to conform to the full Euro 4/5 with ABS etc. It,s weight at 165kg wet is only 2kg more than my MT350 and about 10kg more than my DRZ(with big tank fully fueled)
I actually like the awkward looking style(remember i owned an MT350!) and the engine is a tried and tested unit. AJP build quality is getting there and a simple bike like this can still be repaired and maintained by the average "Joe".
If there was anything putting me off at the moment is that there doesn,t appear to be any racks/pannier frames or luggage options at the moment other than throwover panniers(still to close to that exhaust can). I understand the factory is already looking at options for this.
I love the idea of the tablet to load your mapping onto etc. This bike appears to be in a class of one. I looked at the Honda CRF 450L and it was a strangled trail bike with limited fuel capacity at around £9000 to buy. I looked at the Royal Enfield Himalayan as well which fits the bill better than the Honda but as it would be my only bike would the weight and lack of power make me start looking at other bikes shortly after purchasing it.You cannot argue with the price of the bike though.
I think over the years i have had more fun and done more trips on smaller bikes. I kept my MT350 for over ten years so that must say something.
£8500 does seem a lot of money but with the KTM estimated to be close to £12,000 and i haven,t really seen a price on the new Tenere yet.
I know in my heart i would be happy keeping my DRZ400 or buying a KLX250 or Honda CRF250L for a more modern fuel injected bike and have just as much fun but i am always looking for the next wonder bike that i probably dont need . The motorcycle industry needs people like me that are never satisfied with what they have got :D :D :D
nathanm

Post by nathanm »

Very tempted by one of these myself. For whatever reason I wouldn't buy a KTM - image maybe - and the Yam T7 still feels like a long way off. This AJP has come in a bit cheaper than I thought it was going to be and looks very capable. That engine in the SWM Superdual worked great I thought and this just looks that little bit more focussed and better resolved than the SWM. I hate TFT screens on bikes but on the AJP the info tablet strangely seems to appeal. Keen to try one.
appleseed

Post by appleseed »

@frency3
There are mounting points on the steel subframe under the rear fender for mounting panier racks and or a top rack.
there is a Portuguese co making them and i think they supply a new under fender cover with the holes pre drilled.

Just goolge pamir pr7 racks.

I think the build quality is great and am eager to get my gruby mits on it :)

Also the tablet can run all sorts of mapping software so that is imo better than my garmin montanna that is a slow as s..t
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

appleseed wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:10 pm @frency3
There are mounting points on the steel subframe under the rear fender for mounting panier racks and or a top rack.
there is a Portuguese co making them and i think they supply a new under fender cover with the holes pre drilled.

Just goolge pamir pr7 racks.

I think the build quality is great and am eager to get my gruby mits on it :)

Also the tablet can run all sorts of mapping software so that is imo better than my garmin montanna that is a slow as s..t
Thanks for that. I did see the Pamir rack and side frames so I will see torque racing after Christmas about trying a PR7 out to see if it is the bike of my dreams.
appleseed

Post by appleseed »

Santa made an early delivery, hopefully the weather doesnt sux tomorrow so I can ride it :D
IMG_20181224_135311.jpg
IMG_20181224_135311.jpg (126.32 KiB) Viewed 4085 times
scoobydidler

Post by scoobydidler »

Congrats, hope it exceeds expectations! Merry xmas. Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Mike Wright

Post by Mike Wright »

appleseed wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:14 pm Santa made an early delivery, hopefully the weather doesnt sux tomorrow so I can ride it :D
Very nice . I saw this bike quite a long time ago and really liked it then pre production and for once its the same which its spot on! Enjoy the new bike
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

appleseed wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:14 pm Santa made an early delivery, hopefully the weather doesnt sux tomorrow so I can ride it :D
IMG_20181224_135311.jpg
I cant see the other side of the bike,have you got the Doma pipe or the standard power model? I think i would rather spend the extra money buying the rack and pannier frames but would be interested to see what you think first.

Return to “BIKES”